Triathlon Goals for 2015
I’ve decided it’s time to join some link up fun each week (let’s see if I can make this happen) for Tri-Talk Tuesday with bloggers Cynthia, Courtney, and Phaedra. Today’s topic is resolution and goal setting. This is a perfect topic for this week since we are at the start of the New Year and just yesterday I was discussing Goal Setting. I am still a tri newbie. The total number of triathlons that I have raced is one, one Olympic Distance Triathlon (Lobsterman Tri) and I absolutely loved it. Now that I am hooked I have decided that this will be the summer of Triathlon (but don’t worry, there will still be a lot of running too!). I have picked (at least) 4 triathlons that I would like to race this summer and that includes my first Half Ironman, the Timberman 70.3. I chose the Timberman 70.3 because I have heard great things about this race and also it is somewhat local to me being held on Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire. With my focus on triathlon, I need to establish some training and racing goals for myself so that I can stay on track and have fun while I am training and racing.
Triathlon Training Goals
- Become more proficient at bilateral breathing (breathing on both sides).
- Find a comfortable stroke/breath ratio.
- Become more consistent with power through the full freestyle stroke.
- Improve my overall kicking strength.
- Keep my head down in open water swims.
- Train more in open water once the water is warm enough to not turn into a popsicle!
- To become comfortable riding with my new tri bar set-up.
- To increase training ride distance (the Ironman 70.3 features a 56 mile bike ride!).
- Work on hill climbing technique.
- To fully utilize the pedal upstroke to maximize full pedaling power.
- I need to improve transition time between the bike and the run.
- To practice fueling for the run.
- Training will include lots of speed work. Since the run is the strongest part of my triathlon I want to rock the run with negative splits.
It’s going to be one hell of a training adventure! I am so excited to embark on this Ironman 70.3 journey! Thanks for stopping by for Tri Talk Tuesday!
Have you ever raced a triathlon? What are your triathlon training goals? If you haven’t raced a triathlon what is your big goal race this year?
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com