If you ever see me driving down the road you’ll know that I enjoy belting out the tunes blaring from my radio. Since I was little music has always moved me to sing. If I hear a song once or twice the next time it plays I can sing most of the song back to you. This used to annoy the heck out of my sister when we were little and now it annoys my kids. But, I don’t care I just love to sing. I was even in an A Capella group in high school and in college too. Music is the one thing that I still wish that I had more of in my life. It makes me feel inspired and gives me an emotional jolt.
As far as music and exercise goes I am not one to listen to music on the run unless I am on the treadmill. Its ok though because even without headphones I often have a song, my own personal soundtrack running through my head as run and race. When I am “crushing it” at the gym, on my bike trainer or on the treadmill I love to blast my favorite songs because it can help keep the energy and motivation of the workout up. Since I’ll be spending a lot more time indoors this winter once the nice weather truly gives up I’ve decided that it’s time to create a weekly workout playlist to add to my Spotify.
Organic Runner Mom’s Weekly Workout Playlist
- Shut Up and Dance–Walk the Moon, this song is still in my top five and was what ran through my head for the 26.2 Mile North Face Endurance Challenge Trail Marathon in UTAH.
- Hello–Adele, not upbeat but who doesn’t love a good power ballad?
- Style-Taylor Swift, My kids obviously adore T Swift and I’m not afraid to admit it that I do too!
- All About It–Hoodie Allen Featuring Ed Sheeran
- Never Gonna Let You Down–Colbie Caillat
- Friday–Rest Day
- Saturday–50 minute Treadmill Run
- Sunday–20 Mile Bike Ride. Hard and Fast and in the freezing cold 40 degree rain!
- Monday–50 Minute Treadmill Run
- Tuesday–Bootcamp: Lunges with overhead weights, Rowing, Gob Squats with 1/4 up, Deadlifts, Hanging Pull Ups, Dips
- Wednesday: 50 minute Endurance Run with Uphill Intervals
- Thursday–Bootcamp, 1:00 Progression Run
And now for some exciting personal news!
261 Fearless Ambassador
I was recently selected as a 261 Fearless Ambassador representing “a global community of women runners and walkers for inspiration, support, and friendship.” A program started by Kathrine Switzer the original Boston Marathon Woman!
Team SFQ–Team SmashFest Queen
I am now a member of the 2016 Team SmashFest Queen Triathlon Team representing women from across the United States. This amazing Triathlon company was founded by Triathlete Hilary Biscay and triathlete Michele Landry. I am excited to truly go out and “smash” in the triathlon world this year!
What Tunes on on your playlist this week? What was your hardest workout?
And now I leave you with a fun compilation . . . NEVER miss a chance to DANCE!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom