*Disclaimer: Sports Suds provided me with products for washing my running gear as well as a discount code to offer you. All opinions expressed here are my own.
You go out and you run. You go out and you run and you sweat. You run in the rain, in the snow and the mud.
Half of your laundry pile seems to consist of your running gear.
And that running gear gets funky.
Here are some quick tips for washing your running gear to help make it last:
- Wash it Separately. I try to wash my running gear separately to protect those great synthetic, breathable fabrics that most of our running clothes are made from today.
- Follow the temperature recommendations. Synthetic materials shouldn’t always be washed at high temperatures so make sure to read the manufacturers label.
- Wash in a timely fashion. It can be harder to get rid of the funk the longer you let your running clothes sit so be sure to throw them in the washer as soon as you can following your run or workout.
- Use a Special Detergent. There are now better choices for detergents for washing your running clothes such as Sports Suds (Purchase through this link and get 25% off your order!)
- Use fabric softener sparingly. Most running clothes will not require the additional use of a fabric softener and fabric softener can actually damage the fabric in outerwear so again make sure to read all labels.
- Don’t overload your washer. Overloading washer can prevent your clothes from becoming fully clean.
- Hang them to Dry. This is not necessary for all articles of running clothes but is a gentler way to protect fabrics.
Tips for washing your running gear and a review of #SportSuds Laundry Detergent. Check it out for 25% off @sportsuds #running #runchat #runninggearTweet
Have you tried Sport Suds Laundry Detergent?
Sport Suds laundry detergent is a great option when it comes to washing your running and workout gear. Sport Suds is ,”specially formulated to dislodge contaminants, odor-causing bacteria and their food source from your fabrics and wash them away completely.”
Sport Suds detergent has many benefits:
- Leaves clothes free of odor. Sport Suds is fragrance-free
- Ideal for high-tech sports clothing
- Allows waterproof breathable fabrics to breathe better
- Rinses away completely
- Removes residue buildup left by other detergents
- Safe for all washable fabrics
- Non-abrasive and gentle
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Made from all natural materials and sustainably sourced
- Perfume and dye-free
- Septic and grey water safe
- HE compatible
- Excellent in both hot and cold water
- High-yield powder is convenient for travel
- Not animal tested
We love Sport Suds in our house because it is hypoallergenic and perfume and dye-free. In my family we have sensitive skin which is sometimes affected by detergents but not Sport Suds. Even though there are no perfumes the odors from running and working out are removed. I like that it is he compatible so I can use it with my front loading washer. One of the problems with a front loading washer is that after awhile it can start to smell. I am also excited to try the washing machine cleaner which, “loosens soap scum, mineral deposits, foreign debris and other growth and washes them away.”
What are your best tips for washing your running clothes? Do you use a detergent that is specifically made for washing running clothes and workout gear?
- Runner’s Round Up
- Effects of Extended Rest on Running.
- Running with Pick-ups
- Running at Home with the Mizuno Wave Rider 23
- Did you know? Companies that I represent.