One Week to go until the Lobsterman Triathlon!
In one week I will be getting ready to head to Maine for the Lobsterman Triathlon! It will be my first triathlon and I will be racing the Olympic Distance. I have been training hard but at this point I have absolutely no clue how it’s going to go?!? I have to admit I am starting to get nervous so I was hoping all of you experienced triathletes could help me answer my questions and help to ease my nerves. Each discipline, swimming, biking, and running presents its own challenges. While I have grown stronger in each sport over the summer the idea of combining all three sports together has me feeling a little shaky.
Here are my worries/questions
- How do I avoid the other swimmers so I don’t get kicked?
- Will I have a hard time staying on the course?
- Do I have the needed endurance for the swim?
- Will I be able to get out of my wetsuit at the transition? Do you have any tips and/or tricks for this?
- What type of nutrition is best as you are going from the swim to the bike?
- Will I have trouble with a flat tire during the race? Has this happened to you? I am still a newbie when it comes to changing tires and other mechanical issues with my bike.
- Will I have any trouble with my pedals?
- Will I be able to ride at a consistent pace? I have no idea how to pace the bike portion!
- Will my legs feel like noodles for the whole run?
- Will I have managed my nutrition and hydration well during the race so that I feel strong and ready to race when I come off the bike?
I’d love to hear about your triathlon experiences and any helpful advice would be fantastic! good luck with all of your upcoming racing adventures!
Check out this awesome post from fellow NH blogger Michele of Michele in Transition in response to my postwhere she talks about “Getting Ready for your First Tri.”
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com