With the change of seasons come new beginnings. It’s time to set some new goals!
This Monday feels like fall. Leaves are turning colors. The rain has cast a melancholy mood over the landscape. Sometimes this change is hard for me. I am trying to embrace the changing of seasons. The days that are settling back into routine unlike the wild and free days of summer. For the kids the start of the new school year brings new beginnings as they meet new teachers and new friends and rekindle old friendships. The start of the new school year is a time to plant the seeds of learning and a time to set new goals. It is the beginning of fresh growth in mind body and spirit. Perhaps this is the more positive way to view the forward motion of time rather than to long for days that have already passed.
This time of year often puts me into a funk. I feel especially jolted this year by the passage of time with my son now in Kindergarten. He is my baby and now he is big like his sister. Real school has started. Rather than to look at this as a hard change I need to look at this as a new beginning for me. This seems like to perfect time to begin thinking about new goals. It’s also a great time to set new goals because my 39th birthday is getting closer (it’s in the beginning of October). I have been thinking all about goals to challenge myself this year as it will be my last year in my thirties (which seems crazy to me! How did that happen?).
So here goes . . .
***************This list of Goals will be a work in progress and is always subject to change.***************
BIG GOALS for my 39th Year!
- Grow the readership on this blog www.organicrunnermom.com through improved content offerings including more organic food information and recipes, workouts etc., better organization and a schedule, and more interaction with my readers.
- Give back through more fundraising initiatives connected to my running.
- Learn more about nutrition the connection to running and triathlon
- Gain a run coach certification through Road Runners Club of America or become a Run-Fit Specialist
- Become a faster cyclist and swimmer to improve in race placement in Olympic Distance and Half Ironman Distance triathlons
- Run another marathon. It’s been awhile! My last marathon was the 2014 Boston Marathon.
- Achieve a new PR in the Half Marathon distance. This will take some hard work! My PR is a 1:37 and that was way back in 2012!
- Relax. Sometimes I take life too seriously and when I do I lock up a part of me that the world needs to see. Life is too short.
- Go to bed earlier every night and wake up more refreshed!
- Laugh often! Surround myself with people who bring out the giggles. There is something so healthy about laughter.
- Play a little each day with my kids and somedays play and explore the whole day with them. Adventures await around every corner and its important to be present!
- Hug more. I’m a hugger. Hugging makes people happy. It’s science. It raises your serotonin levels. No joke!
I will be adding to this list as the year moves forward and hope to make some if not all of these goals a reality over the next year or so. Setting goals always helps me to continue forward moving through times of change which can create an uneasiness inside of me. By setting goals I am giving myself some balance that I need (I am a Libra personality for sure and we just crave balance!)