On a mission in the kitchen.
Since 2015 began I have been on a mission in my kitchen to try at least one new recipe a week (like this recipe for Organic Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites). I have been scouring Pinterest for recipe ideas, crowdsourcing (from friends and family) to find the next best recipe to feed my kids and experimenting with new ingredients. Why is it that we are so afraid to try new things and that we stick to the same recipes over and over again. I am determined to shake things up in my house with some outside of the box cooking. I want to expand my children’s taste horizons and to expand our weekly menu. What’s the worst that could happen . . . a failed recipe is no big deal and the best way to become a better cook is to give new recipes a try.
Here are some quick tips for being a successful chef in your own kitchen:
- Pick a recipe that gets your taste buds excited.
- Head to the grocery store for a new ingredient adventure. Try to choose organic if you can and local is great too as long as you know where your food comes from and about the farm practices.
- Make sure your spice drawer is fully stocked (I use Simply Organic spices).
- Start your culinary adventure! I love discovering how flavors work together (or not) when I experiment by changing a recipe. The more you cook the more you will learn about compatibility of flavors and tricks in the kitchen.
Organic Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites
I am always on the search for new kid friendly recipes. Thankfully Organic Runner Girl (Age 6) is broadening her horizons when it comes to eating but Organic Runner Boy (Age 4) can still be quite picky. I discovered a great recipe on Pinterest for Seasoned Baked Chicken Nuggets (PBS Parents Kitchen Explorers) and gave it a little twist. This dinner was a hit with the grown ups and the kids and was delicious paired with Parmesan Zucchini Fries and some sweet orange cherry tomatoes.
Now, here is what you’ve been waiting for my recipe for Organic Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites.
- Organic Chicken Tenders
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablesoon Fersh Organic Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Oregano
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Pete and Gerry's Organic Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Shredded Parmesan Cheese (Organic if you can find it)
- 1/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cube Chicken Tenders.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Scrambled the egg.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil to the dry ingredients along with the chicken, parmesan cheese, and the scrambled egg.
- Mix all ingredients together until the chicken bites are coated with the cheese herb and breadcrumb mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and line cookie tray.
- Use one tablespoon of olive oil to grease the foil.
- Arrange chicken bites on cookie try.
- Cook chicken in the oven for 8 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy! Chicken bites can be served with dipping sauces including ketchup, bar-b-que sauce or whatever strikes your fancy.
Are you a culinary expert or are you a novice exploring the kitchen and new recipes? What is your favorite thing to make with chicken? Do you have a favorite recipe that you like to make for your family?
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> firstname.lastname@example.org