Organic Runner Mom’s Racing Goals for 2015
My Racing Goals for 2015
It’s time to start looking ahead to the new year and imagining all of the incredible goals out there waiting to be smashed. This is a list that is subject to change as life throws its curveballs but setting goals is the perfect way to stay motivated as we ring in 2015. Once I start mapping out my big races for the year my enthusiasm ramps up and I am ready to start training. Last year my focus was on racing the Boston Marathon and although I will miss training for Boston this year I am not going to miss the miserable sub zero temperature long runs that greeted me every Sunday morning. This year my big goal race is something new which I am very excited about. I am looking forward to having my awesome coach Denise Goode from The Sustainable Athlete help me to reach my goals!
Goals for Racing:
- To completely rehab my back (see my post on SI joint trouble to read more) . . . the rest of my goals all depend on how this one goes . . . fingers crossed!
- To complete at least one (or maybe all) of the Winter Wild Mountain Racing Series. The Winter Wild races will continue this year with a shortened schedule. Winter Wild was originally started by Chad Denning, an amazing ultrarunner from our running and racing community who tragically passed away this year while out on a training run on Mt. Moosilauke. Brandon Baker, a great friend of Chad’s will be leading the way to make the Winter Wild mountain series happen again this winter in New Hampshire as one way to keep Chad’s spirit living on. This year the series will be comprised of 4 races at Ragged Mountain, Pat’s Peak, Mt. Sunapee and Bretton Woods. I hope to be there for at least one race to run for Chad.
- To race my first snowshoe race.
- To run some new half marathons and possible beat my PR of 1:37?!?!
- To race 3 Olympic Triathlons: The White Mountains Triathlon, The New England Trifest, and the Lobsterman Triathlon and to improve on my Olympic Distance Triathlon finish time.
- My big goal race: To train for and race my first HALF-IRONMAN! I am already signed up for the Timberman Triathlon. IRONMAN 70.3 here I come! I am extra excited about this goal because I have a new training partner for triathlon who will be sharing this awesome race adventure with me!
Now that I have set forth my goals, what are YOUR racing goals for 2015? Do you have any new races planned? Are you hoping to smash an old PR? I’d love to hear all about it!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com
Wow! As a complete non-triathlete, I admire anybody who trains for an Ironman race! Good luck with your training!
My big racing goal is the SLO marathon in April. While PRs are long behind me, I’d like to at least run a respectable time in my 37th marathon.
Debbie @ Live from La Quinta recently posted…2014: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. The Year in Review
I have complete faith you will smash all your goals! Good luck on rehabbing your SI issues. I hope never ever to deal with mine again. Back pain is nothing to mess around with. My main focus for the next 4 months is Boston. I want it to be at the top of my game and put my all into training and running it with all might!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted…Hawaii
I know you will reach your goals! Hope to see you at the mountain races )))
I am striving to be healthier
Ooh, your SI joint is still hurting? I’ve had that problem before, argh. Go after those goals, but don’t hurt yourself worse! My goals are to run about 6 half marathons, of course an old age PR would be nice. And, 5ks this summer, I love 5ks. Not sure about the marathon, I bonked so incredibly bad a few weeks ago, I’m not ready to revisit that right now 😉
jennifer f recently posted…My Best Recipes, Workouts & Bloopers of 2014 – TheFitFork.com
Looks like an exciting year ahead for you! All the best with reaching your goals, especially 70.3! 2015 will be the year I finally try a teeny tiny tri.
Marcia recently posted…2014: It’s a Wrap
Looks like you have a fun year ahead. I’ve had to postpone my goals for a few months but I’d love to PR on my half time this year.
Deborah @ Confessions of a Mother Runner recently posted…My Royal Wow Moments
Oh boy – I don’t have any race goals. I tend to get suckered into them by friends who want someone to run/race with. LOLOL! We’ll see how 2015 shapes up.
Diatta @ Femme Fitale Fit Club recently posted…2014 Year In Review | Top Fitness Posts
Sounds like you have some work ahead of you in 2015! I love goal setting. It is so rewarding when you accomplish all that you set out to do. Have a Happy New Year!
Stephanie recently posted…The Year in Review: My Three Favorite Posts of 2014
Fantastic goals. I love having something concrete to look at throughout the year and check in with myself along the way. My year was a bit derailed by injury so I hope to gain strength in the New Year and be back for some PR attempts in the fall! Happy New Year!
Lisa @ Lisa Runs for Cupcakes recently posted…The Funny Thing About Rejection…
I haven’t set a single goal for what 2015 will bring and that’s kinda weird, but you are making me think about what I really want to attempt!!
Amanda – RunToThefinish recently posted…6 races, 2 relays, 1603 miles – Spontaneous Running
Go you!! Those are some awesome goals for 2015! I have my first big goal in February to complete 4 races in 2 days at the Gasparilla Distance Classic! I’m pretty excited! 🙂
Melanie recently posted…Motivation?! Where Did You Go?!
I love that you have set up race goals. I was gun shy to do so this year after chasing breaking a 4 hour marathon all last year and still not there. It has left me a bit discouraged although I have found out so much about myself along the journey.
Erica G recently posted…Power Words: From FAITH to COURAGE
The snowshoe race, the iron man…SO exciting and so big! You can do them all my friend! XOXOXO
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Dear Me, In 2015
Great goals, beat a 1:37 half?!?! I only dream of running a 1:37 half. I am focused on running a Spring Marathon as close as possible to 4 hours!
Toni @runninglovingliving recently posted…Year of Running 2014
I’ve been binging on running/racing posts today, lol. Looking hard at what races will be on my 2015 calendar!
Kerri Olkjer recently posted…Hype or Help: Chalene Johnson’s Piyo Workout
Yikes. Seriously, 2015 is TOMORROW!? I have no clue as to what my racing goals are for 2015. I guess I should sit and think 😉 Have fun… that is for sure! 🙂
OK I need to look into the winter wild series, as a few of those mountains are relatively close to me as well! I hope your back continues to heal, my friend! Happy 2015 to you!!!!
RFC recently posted…Gympocalypse 2015: The New Years Resolution Gym Survival Guide.
I’m excited about your half Ironman and can’t wait to chat more about tri and HIM training with you!
Cynthia @ You Signed Up For WHAT?! recently posted…5 Ways to Stick to Your Fitness Goals
Great goals! My only racing goal this year is like yours: my first Ironman 70.3. I’ve also signed up for a 30k road race, and may also do a 100k cycle. Have an awesome 2015!
Janice – Fitness Cheerleader recently posted…How to Stay Focused on Long Term Fitness Goals
I’m racing my first HIM at Timberman this year, too! Can’t wait to follow your training this year 🙂
Christina recently posted…Plans, Goals, and General Crazy-Making for 2015
Woo hoo! Excited to follow your 70.3 journey! If you need any help always feel free to reach out (:
Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted…Why I quit my job and moved in with my parents.
Comments are closed.