Positive Mantras to help with Negative Thinking
In my last post I opened up and showed you some of the more intimate parts of myself detailing my struggles with depression and my current plan for tackling how I am feeling. I truly appreciate the outpouring of support and comments acknowledging the true difficult nature of depression and also in showing me that many of us our sharing this journey in life. I am not alone. We are not alone and together we can rise up and challenge the negative thinking that pervades thinking many days.
One if the ways that we can address negative thinking is to replace it with positive mantras. Do you have any favorites? Here are some that I am trying to add into my daily script that can help me when I cannot seem to turn my thinking around. The key is to change the script to use positive language. I often tell myself “I can’t” or “I should be doing . . .” rather than words like “I can, ” I choose” and “I am.”
Here are some mantras to add in to your daily script:
- I will not compare myself to others. I am my own person.
- I am enough.
- I am thankful for what my body can do.
- I have as much brightness to offer the world as the next person.
- I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.
- I choose to see the light that I am to this world.
- I choose to reach for a better feeling.
- I create my own happiness.
- I accept myself just as I am.
- I can overcome any challenges that come my way. I am resourceful. I am powerful.
What positive self talk do you do to help when you are negative? Do you have any mantras that help you?