Fresh Five. Find out what has me grooving this week!
It’s time for Fresh Friday Five. This week I’m sharing some of my favorite running gear in celebration of my return to running this week! If you haven’t been following my blog you can find out more about the ongoing troubles that I’ve been having with my back and hip (SI joint, instability issues, piroformis syndrome etc.) by reading one of my earlier posts HERE. I have essentially been unable to run without causing serious back and hip pain on my right side for about 4 months. But, now I am BACK! I am easing my way back into running and will continue with PT to help with the ongoing strengthening process. I am also being somewhat cautious and adding in the miles slowly so as not to end up throwing my back out again.
So now without further ado here are five things that I have been loving lately in endurance sports and healthy living.
- Personal Success–I can run!!!! This week I was able to complete two 30 minute easy pain free runs on the treadmill! I was hoping to take the miles outside next week but it looks like we will be getting another winter storm this weekend. So for now, I’ll be loving my miles on the treadmill.
- Running Apparel Love–I am in love with my new Skirt Sports Vixen Running Skirt (seen in photo at the top). I love the asymmetrical cut of this skirt and the adorable ruffles which make you feel happy when you are running. I may love to get sweaty but I am a girlie girl at heart. I can’t wait to take this cute skirt on the race course. I picked the color Flirt/Flirty Heather which is perfect for spring, the shorties underneath are black. This skirt also comes in black (I may have to add one of those into my growing collection of Skirt Sports too). The Vixen runs true to size. It features built in semi-compression shorties, two hidden pockets, and a sonic music port. I have a feeling you will see me sporting the Vixen a lot once the weather gets warm! This Skirt Sports Vixen Retails for $72.00. If you like the looks of this Skirt or any of the other new amazing Skirt Sports apparel that is coming out in the spring line here is a special 20% discount code from me to you for you to enjoy: SSORM20. #converttoskirt
- Foodie Love–New Stonyfield Organic Frozen Yogurt Pearls. This is Stonyfield’s latest organic creation created in conjunction with WikiFoods. This fun new snack (or dessert) is great because it has no mess, is good for on the go and you don’t need a spoon. These frozen yogurt pearls come in 4 amazing flavors–Strawberry and Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate, Coconut and Chocolate, Peach and Vanilla. Currently this product is only available at Whole Foods but if you’d like to learn more and to get a coupon to try them out you can check out my full review HERE.
- Book Recommendation–The Well Built Triathlete by Matt Dixon. I have just started this book but have been on a reading kick lately trying to stay motivated and inspired to keep training even though I have been dealing with an injury. This book is written by elite triathlon coach Matt Dixon. He shares training plans used with his athletes and his approach for helping the whole athlete. I will share a review when I am finished reading.
- Music to Motivate–When I am on the treadmill or in the gym doing strength training I love to crank up the tunes and sing my little heart out (ok, maybe when I’m alone and not breathing hard). There is just something about a good beat, a fast heart rate and some awesome lyrics to inspire me. My current favorites are anything by Ellie Goulding, Style by Taylor Swift and Heartbeat Song by Kelly Clarkson . . . and yes, I know that sometimes my musical taste is like that of a teenage girl 🙂
What are you loving this week? Do you have any songs that have you grooving while you workout? Are there any foods that have your tastebuds tingling? I’d love to hear your Fresh Five!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> firstname.lastname@example.org