Exploring the kitchen with a new muffin recipe.
One of my goals this month is to be more creative in the kitchen. It can be so easy to get into a cooking slump. I am definitely not a master chef by any means but one of the ways to get better at anything including cooking and baking is to try new things and to explore new ingredients. When I was little I saw an episode of Mr. Rogers where he decorated a cake baker and after that I often dreamed of being a baker who specialized in decorating cakes. When we first moved to New Hampshire and I was unsure of my career path I considered culinary school which I still wonder about sometimes. Even though neither of these dreams were realized I have been wanting to get more creative in the kitchen. Nothing ventured noting gained, right?
Today the kids wanted to make some muffins so rather than making our standard blueberry muffins we opened up the cupboard and chose some interesting additions, Organic Cacao Powder (Cacao is the purest form of Chocolate, chocolate in the raw form), and Organic Rolled oats. We also decided on organic blackberries as our final add in. The kids love trying new things and love creating their own recipes. Most of the recipes we used in our creation today were organic as we are always trying to work on clean eating in our house.
It’s Muffin Time. Oatmeal Blackberry Cacao Muffin Recipe.
And here is our creation:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 Cup Organic Frozen Blackberries
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, 2 eggs, and melted butter.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove bowl from mixer stand and fold in blackberries.
- Use muffin tin liners to line muffin tin.
- Use ice cream scoop to scoop equal sized amounts of muffin batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 Minutes
- Enjoy warm with butter and/or jelly or honey.
What is your favorite muffin recipe. Do you have any favorite ingredients that you like to include in your muffins?
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com