Goals! Goals! Goals! Don’t let fear be an obstacle!
Now that the Boston Marathon 2013 has come and gone (Actual race recap coming sometime soon, when I feel I am ready to share) it is time to set some new goals for the spring! Life can be fleeting. Make your dreams a reality and bring others along your journey.
I may be crazy but at some point during the winter I signed up for my first 50K trail race and now I’ve got to recover from the Boston Marathon, add in some miles and hit the trails. I can’t wait!
I run with the most amazing group of women. All strong and determined. When not running they work very hard in their everyday lives and when they are running their work ethic is the same . . .absolutely incredible! When my friends choose goals they don’t let anything stand in their way and they just go after it.
I am always so amazed when I see my friend Bridget at races. As soon as the starter says go she is off the line like a rocket. I have dreams of catching her. As soon as the race starts she is focused and she puts it all on the line, charging ahead with no fear . . . failure is not an option, there is no such thing as “I can’t.” When I run she is often someone who I think about. I am determined to “attack” my goals like Bridget, with strength and determination. I want to learn how to leave it all on the race course.
When you run do you experience fear . . . fear of being too slow, fear of the pain you might feel when you run faster, fear of being passed, fear of not achieving your goals?
I think these are some of the most common fears that I have had as a runner on race day. It is such a mental game and it is so easy to talk yourself out of being successful. You are in control of the path to reaching your goals.
I am determined to not let fear stand in the way of achieving my goals!
Here are my spring GOALS:
- Train for and race my First 50K Trail race at the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival.
- Do a core workout routine at least 3 times a week.
- Try Mountain Biking (Real Mountain Biking without being afraid).
- Do more yoga!
- Ride my road bike (I haven’t ridden my road bike on the road in about 3 years).
- Take my rowing shell out on the water for a row (I haven’t done this since beofre my daughter was born. I think it’s time to dust off my oars!).
- Go to bed earlier.
- Wake up earlier.
- Start Meatless Monday at our house #MeatlessMonday
- Go for more hikes with my kids.
What are your spring goals?
In London, Runners yearn for 2014 Boston Marathon : the Boston Globe[subscribe2]