It’s time to find your MOTIVATION!
It’s Motivation Monday and it was -8 degrees when I left the house this morning. YIKES! Time to check-in and make sure that you are motivated to start your week and also to work hard to accomplish your mini-goals which will bring you closer to your final goals.
During the cold, gray winter days it is easy to take the easy way out and to say, “I’ll workout tomorrow when it’s warmer . . .” Making excuses makes it that much harder to reach your goals. People always think I am nuts for working out in the bitter cold and for running up mountains in the snow in the wee hours of the morning. But for me, doing these things is what gives me energy and makes me feel alive. Plus, doing all of this hard work out in the crazy cold weather will bring me closer to reaching my goals every day.
How do you go about setting goals for yourself?
I have dreams of being a faster runner. I aspire to run as fast as those who inspire me. I run with people who are stronger than me to challenge myself because it requires me to dig deep to find my strength and to find my mental toughness.
Rather than always focusing on the end goal I set smaller goals for myself. By setting goals on a weekly basis I am able to feel encouraged by my progress as well as to assess my progress and see if I am getting where I want to be. To make myself more accountable I am going to try to make this a part of my Monday motivation posts. I am working on becoming more self-aware and also focusing on the positives in my life.
My Big Goals for Spring 2013
- Run the Winter Wild Race Series and maintain or better 3rd place standings in my age group from last year.
- Run the Boston Prep 16 Miler (next weekend!!!!)
- Run a strong Boston Marathon, faster than my 3:33 qualifying time
- Run my first official Trail Ultra-Pineland Farms 50K
My Little Goals for this week
- Enjoy my workouts!
- Work on improving my mental toughness during workouts. I think some yoga is in order to practice my focus.
- Don’t get too competitive with myself during my runs this week. I need to make sure I follow the planned pace for my workouts in order to keep my legs rested for the 16 miler this weekend.
- Get more SLEEP! (this goal will always be on my list because as all busy parents know sleep usually takes a backseat to all else.)
- HYDRATE! HYDRATE! HYDRATE! I feel like I am always operating in a constant state of dehydration.
- Focus on my course work for Institute of Integrative Nutrition . Classes started last week and I can’t wait to really get underway on my new journey to becoming a Certified Health Coach
- Play and laugh with my kids!
Organic Link Love:
Indoor Bike Trainer Workout for Beginners–Happy Fit Mama
Monday Motivation–Living the Dream: Little Fancy Nancy
Motivational Monday: Featured Sneakers #15-–Sneakers and Fingerpaints
#TrainingTruths: Bouncing Back–Running Escapades
Motivation Monday: Here we go Again–Fit Mom in Training