Do you have a dream summer race schedule?
I am starting to feel bummed about not running. In order to stay motivated I have mapped out my potential race schedule for the summer and have added in a couple of big races which may just be a dream depending on how the rehab of my foot goes. TENDONITIS BE GONE!!!!! Hopefully this week I will learn how to tape my ankle and will also begin some strengthening exercises in addition to the ultrasound, muscle stim, and tendon massage.
Other than running the Boston Marathon again in 2014 (YIPPEEEEE!) I am hoping to focus mostly on trail and mountain running. My heart belongs on the trails, in the woods, along rivers, and on mountain tops. I long to soak in the beauty of New Hampshire and Vermont.
So here are the races that I am dreaming of over the next few months (subject to change depending on life but hopefully not injury!):
- JUNE 29th–All Out Trail Race in Claremont, NH which is part of the Western New Hampshire Trail Race Series
- July 7–LOON Mountain Race: A race which has been named “The Most Competitive Hill Climb” by Runner’s World Magazine. This race is put on by Acidotic Racing and features intensely challenging sections of the course with a 40% grade in some sections (Upper Walking Boss). I want to challenge this mountain again to test my limits and to inspire other women to challenge their own “mountain” races (please join my Under Armour Team as a part of their What’s Beautiful campaign as we encourage each other on the trails)
- July 27–Siskyou OutBack 50K in Ashland, Oregon-I am still hoping to go for my first 50K this summer. Hopefully I will hear good news on Wednesday from my doctor.
- August 10–XTERRA Stoaked Trail Run: 12.5K trail race, WNHTRS. I’ve done this trail race before and it was a blast. Hot, challenging and intense but awesome!
- August 17–VT 100 on 100 Relay: Hopefully the Pete & Gerry’s Organic Chicks can take on this challenge again with our powerhouse women’s ultra team (3 runners).
- August 25–Race to the Top of Vermont: Another insane hill climb this time in Stowe, VT
- October 6–Pinnacle Ultra Challenge 50K in Newport NH: Hopefully my first 50K will go well and I can have another shot at the 50K this time in my home state of New Hampshire.
What races are you dreaming of adding to your race schedule?