Getting back on track and refocusing my goals.
It’s time to check in. I need to set some March goals and to get back on track! It’s been a while since I’ve talked about goals and training. Honestly, it’s been difficult to get into a serious swing with training due to my back being all out of whacked mixed with school vacations and life in general. Just when my back has started to feel really stable I jinxed myself by telling a friend that I have avoided getting bronchitis all winter. Then, BAM!!! Just like that bronchitis hit. Last week was a hard one for our family resulting in poor sleep and feeling down which probably resulted in a weakened immune system opening me up to the petri dish of germs that resides in pre-school and the primary grades. Although it hasn’t been too bad this time around I have been feeling sub-par and not really ready to push my body in some hard training.
Hopefully once the bronchitis clears I can get back on track with my Ironman 70.3 training. I am feeling ready to give running a go again after a very lengthy hiatus. Hopefully the work I have been doing in PT, the rest, and a change in shoes will help my back to remain stable when running. Right now I am maintaining a solid aerobic base but am nowhere near the shape that I was in during my Boston Marathon training cycle last year. I have been working hard in the pool and on the bike. I have been doing strength training twice a week. In addition to that I have been skate skiing and downhill skiing with my family.
Tomorrow morning I hope to press the reset button and to get back on track.
Goals for March
- Start Running again!!!!
- Get back on track with my training from my coach Denise (The Sustainable Athlete)
- Get my sleep cycle back on track. I have had insomnia for about the past year and stay up way later than I should. I need to make a change to this soon. My hope is to get to bed earlier so that I can get an earlier start to the day and feel more refreshed and energized. (Look for a post from me soon with more information about this.)
- Continue incorporating at least one new recipe into our family dinner menu every week.
- Hydrate more during the day as dehydration can add to fatigue!
- Set my summer Triathlon schedule and get to work!
Now that I’ve shared my goals for this month I’d love to hear yours! Putting your goals into writing can help create personal accountability and its great to celebrate each others achievements!
P.S. Don’t forget to enjoy the extra hour of daylight! I know I am excited about it!
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> firstname.lastname@example.org