Hi friends! I hope you all celebrated a bountiful holiday complete with Thanksgiving feast and cherished time with family and friends. I hadn’t seen my parents and my sisters family since July so was extra thankful to be able to bring our family down to celebrate and spend time with them. I did squeeze in some running while I was in Pennsylvania. I was even able to meet up with one of my best friends from New Hampshire who just happened to marry someone who grew up 5 minutes from where I did. It was so great to be able to meet up for a nice hour long run on some local trails for an hour of running and talking pre-Thanksgiving feast.
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone and the holiday music is playing and lights decorate trees everywhere its time to start thinking about giving as well as giving back! Tomorrow is #GIVINGTUESDAY. If you are thinking about giving please consider giving to these charities that are of great importance to my family:
- WALK To Defeat ALS, The ALS Association in Honor of my cousin Chris.
- The CLARKE Schools for Hearing and Speech (My fundraiser for #TEAMCLARKE is still open) in honor of my niece Shaw and my Aunt Susan
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Campbell’s Troop in honor of my cousins daughter.
- TEAM 261 Fearless Boston 2017-To support women’s running across the globe: The funds raised will go to setting up global 261 Clubs, training programs, a powerful communications network and events so that women, many in fearful places, are made fearless by your efforts. To find out more please head on over to the fundraising page!
- The Martin Richard’s Foundation- Choose Kindness. Martin Richards was the 8 year old boy who was killed in the tragic bombings at the 2013 Boston Marathon. The Martin Richard Foundation honors Martin’s message of “No more hurting people. Peace” by investing in education, athletics and community.
I hope that you will please consider a donation to one of these organizations tomorrow as you consider ways to give! Happy Holidays!