Valentine’s Day and a love of trail running
It’s almost Valentine’s Day, a great time to reflect on love and what makes you happy. When I run I am happiest when I am trail running and this is why:
- I love trail running in the woods. It is quiet in the woods. I love the sounds of the birds and the loves rustling against each other. I love hearing the sound of the snow or leaves crunching beneath your feet. I love the smell of the trees and the earth . . . fresh mud after a rainfall, pine needles. I love the sunlight peeking through the leaves as your feet softly hit the carpet moss, leaves and gently packed soil.
- Trail running has saved me from the dark depths of depression. It is my therapy. It is my release. I am healed by the rush of endorphins, the fresh air, and the Vitamin D.
- I love coming around the corner on a trail only to discover a surprising view . . . an unexpected waterfall, a sweeping postcard view, a hidden cabin in the woods.
- I love trail running because it requires intense focus (you have to pay attention or a root might suddenly leave you with your nose in the dirt).
- I love trail running because it has allowed me to learn to love being alone. I am a true extrovert (ESFJ according to the Myers-Briggs) so being by myself has always been a challenge but now I relish the escape into the peaceful and quiet woods.
- Trail Running has helped me to become more adventurous and to set more goals. I want to run up mountains and run longer distances and to see new places.
- I have discovered some of my best friends through trail running. We can run together in complete silence or talk the entire time even while pushing up big hills and it is fun either way.
- I love trail running because I live in Northern New Hampshire where trails are hidden everywhere so why wouldn’t you choose to run on the trails instead of the road?
- Running on trails at night can be an amazing adventure especially if the moon is full.
- Trail running makes me happy . . .it’s just that simple
Why do you love to trail run?
If you want to join in with “spreading the love of running,” #RUNCHAT is hosting a Valentine’s Day contest with some sweet prizes from Sparkly Soul and StrideBox to name a few. All you need to do is this, “The challenge is simple: make a list of 5-10 things you love about running. Blog about it and then post a link in our comments . . .to find out more please click HERE.
Blizzards make for some crazy racing!–DangerGirl
Why I love Running–Happy Fit Mama
Spread the love of running– The #RUNCHAT
A List: Why I Love Running–Kate Muehe
On running–Planes, Trains and Running Shoes