Holiday Survival Tips for Healthy Living
I have to admit that this is sometimes how I feel during the holidays. Frazzled. Why does it always happen and how can we manage to keep our cool when life gets super hectic?
Here are some super easy holiday survival tips to get you through!
1.Make a list. Check it twice . . . ok, maybe 100 times. List making can help you to sort out what needs to get done and can help you to prioritize which things need to happen first. There is just something about checking or crossing something off a list that can make you feel some of that tension release. If you are super uptight or type A make your list in Evernote. Did you know that you can even insert little boxes that can actually be checked off?
2. Prioritize. As mentioned in number one, prioritizing helps you to eliminate the things from your list that have you worrying the most.
3. Learn to say NO! I am a “yesser” and sometimes add too much onto my plate. I have learned that it is ok to say no sometimes if it is going to throw you over the edge of looking like my dog Lucy into complete despair . . . There are just not enough hours in the day.
4. Make time to do something for yourself. Go for a run, go to the gym, sneak in a HIIT workout, take a long shower, take time to go see a movie (I hear that there is a new Star Wars movie out), take a walk, or take 15 minutes to read part of a book. Taking a little time for yourself even if it is only 15 minutes can reset you and help to reduce anxiety.
5.Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can effect your ability to think clearly and can effect how emotional you are. If you aren’t getting enough sleep your immune system can also be impacted. These are all terrible side effects that won’t help you to feel stress-free during the holidays.
6.Maintain healthy eating. Ditching the healthier foods for lots of junk during the holidays will zap your energy and leave you feeling sluggish. During the holidays try to eat as you would normally with a balance of vegetables and fruits, proteins, and carbohydrates to keep your energy up and to keep your digestion functioning normally.
7.Do something positive for someone else. ‘Tis the season for giving. There are some great ideas for Random Acts of Kindness that are fantastic for this time of year!
8. Make time to tell a loved one or friend how much they mean to you! Spreading the love always brings calm and happiness.
9. Just breathe. Take five minutes to relax, meditate, sit calmly in a quiet room and center yourself.
10.Enjoy it! The holidays only happen once a year!
What are some of your best holiday survival tips?
Don’t miss out on my review and giveaway for an awesome pair of the Hoka One One Challenger ATR. You can find my review and giveaway HERE.
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom