Go The Extra Mile
*Disclaimer: This post contains a giveaway from Hyland’s Homeopathy. All opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
What does it mean to “Go The Extra Mile?”
go the extra mileTo go beyond what is necessary or expected in order to please someone, achieve something, or get somethingdone correctly.
Tips for Going the Extra Mile in Your Training
- Add in an extra rep, push up or lap around the track.
- Ask your coach to add in some extra workouts to challenge you without overloading you.
- Get to bed early so that you will be well rested and recovered.
- Eat well. Paying attention to how you are fueling yourself during training and racing can add to your physical performance.
- Find a training partner who challenges you to push harder and go faster.
- Train alone. This can be harder than training with a coach or another runner because this training will make your mind stronger come race day.
- Balance out your running with cross training and strength training. Making time for other disciplines can make your stronger and help to keep you injury free.
- Add in an extra workout.
Hyland’s Homeopathy Giveaway
Now to help you in your quest to go the extra mile in your training and daily life I have partnered with Hyland’s for a “Go The Extra Mile Giveaway!”.
*Proclaimer: Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.
This awesome Go The Extra Mile Giveaway from Hyland’s has everything for the busy and fit mom (Value $90)
- Leg Cramps
- Leg Cramp Ointment
- Leg Cramps PM
- Arnica 30x
- Calms Forte
- Good Morning
- Nerve Tonic
When you enter be sure to share with a friend!
Calling all Teachers! Team Hyland’s Runs Boston!
And in other news! This year Hyland’s is recruiting TEACHERS to be a part of the Boston Marathon! Hyland’s is an Official Boston Marathon sponsor and this year they are putting together an all teacher team to run! To find out more and to send in your application or to pass it along to a teacher friend you can APPLY HERE! The window to apply closes on November 20th. I am a former first grade teacher and know that the determination and dedication that teachers give to their students every day is exactly what it takes to train for and run the Boston Marathon!
I’d love to hear how you “Go The Extra Mile” in your training! Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments as well as to tell me which Hyland’s Homeopathy product you are most hoping to try!