This week we snapped back into a comfortable rhythm at home with kids happily back at school with their friends. They have been working their hardest at school and this motivates me when I see their determination and concentration. They have also been working hard at their swimming lessons and guitar lessons making noticeable leaps in skills and excited by their new learning. I can see the excitement, feelings of pride when they figure out something new. Seeing this is energizing and makes me want to work my hardest to be my best.
Let’s continue to move forward now with this energy and a positive spirit and to look for the light that surrounds us all around even when the days can be gray.
- Piece by Piece-Kelly Clarkson, this sound reminds me of some of her earlier stuff which I absolutely love.
- Once a Day-Michael Franti & Spearhead, loving this song and the positive messages that it spreads.
- Elastic Heart-Sia
- Titanium-David Guetta Featuring Sia, what can I say I am currently on a Sia kick
- Outside-Calvin Harris Featuring Ellie Goulding, and yes, as you have guess I am on an Ellie Goulding kick too.
Here is some of the best from around the web this week that inspired me or made me think.
- Race Against Time-Read about Olympic marathon hopeful, 36 year old mom of two and her inspiring quest to make the Olympic team after an unconventional path to becoming one of the top marathoners in the United States.
- Weird Things Runners Do to Get Through the Final Mile from Women’s Running-What do you think about during your run?
- Powerful Ways to Boost Your Confidence, Jill Conyers-great tips for creating a mindset for confidence.
- Get This, Not That- Gift Guide, VitaTrain4Life-So many great gift ideas here!
- Post Race Blues Recovery Plan, Run to the Finish. A plan for all of us racing junkies for after the race is over!
I’m getting my butt in gear this week! I am officially racing a marathon this spring and am going to be training like a maniac to go for a new PR. Part of staying accountable means always filling out my Training Peaks Calendar of workouts that is provided to me by my coach Denise of The Sustainable Athlete. I admit that over the past year I got lazy about recording my workouts. My goal is to be 100% accountable to my coach this year and to be consistent with my training!
Here’s a snapshot of what I’ve been up to this week so far!
What was the highlight of your week? What workout was the hardest? What are your Friday five workout songs?
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom