Pump up your workout with my top five workout songs!
This week I’m joining in for the Friday Five linkup, co-hosted by You Signed Up for What?, Eat Pray Run, DC and Mar on the Run. The topic this week is Five Songs to Pump Up Your Workout. The funny thing about me is that I am obsessed with listening to music but when I run or ride my bike I typically go earbud free and ditch the tunes in favor of listening to the sounds around me. However when I hit the weight-room for a strength training session, hit the bike for a spin, or have to hit the treadmill I like to crank up the tunes and get my groove on. If I’m alone in the gym I’ll belt it out and may have even used a dumbell as a microphone. Oh and you should see my dance moves . . . that’s why the full length mirrors are there, right?
I have to admit that when I hit the gym for a workout I tend to go for very up beat POP music, occasionally some country if I’m in the mood, or I’ll throw it back to the 80’s for a little 80’s style
dance party workout.
Organic Runner Mom’s Workout Playlist
Here are my latest top five workout songs that pump up my workouts:
- Stitches by Shawn Mendes. This song is constantly in my head. This song was actually in my head during the Ironman 70.3 and got me through some of the tougher portions of the race.
- Lights by Ellie Goulding. I love any and all Ellie Goulding and often listen to this station on Spotify.
- Hide Away by Daya. This song is a newer one that I’ve been hearing lately as I drive the kids to school and ha become a new favorite for me in the gym.
- Fire N Gold by Bea Miller. Fire N Gold is a song that makes me want to sing at the top of my lungs, which I do, in the car, in the gym, at my house. This song makes me feel energized, “like lightning in a bottle, hands on the throttle.”
- Take On Me by A-ha. Of course here is an awesome 80’s throwback. How can you forget the signature video with the cartoon drawings that come to life. This song will have you spinning like a champ!
What are the top five workout songs on your playlist? What genre of music is your favorite to listen to when you are working out?
For more Friday Five Favorite workout songs to pump up your workout be sure to check out this weeks Friday Five Link-Up!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom