Edamame please! A new egg salad recipe for lunch.
It’s time for another twist on egg salad. Since our family business is Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, eggs are never in short supply around here. I am always looking for new ways to use eggs and recipes that use lots of eggs in order to showcase our perfect ingredient. When it comes to eggs though I always come back to egg salad. Egg salad has been one of my favorite sandwiches since I was a little kid. Today I was craving egg salad and decided to rework this classic sandwich using ingredients hiding in my refrigerator. I’ve made egg salad with avocado before but decided to add in edamame in order to add a little crunch and a little extra protein. If you are wondering what edamame are they are boiled green soy beans. They are considered to be another superfood. Edamame make a great snack when shelled and tossed with sea salt. Soy beans are high in protein and high in fiber. They also have isoflavones which have been known to be good for lowering cholesterol. *(Disclaimer) Please check with a physician before consuming foods such as edamame that are high in soy. According to www.livestrong.com Edamame isoflavones are a plant estrogen that can mimic the hormone estrogen in humans which can worsen certain health conditions.
Please enjoy my edamame avocado egg salad wrap.
- 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Spectrum Organic Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Ripe Organic Avocado
- 1/4 cup Sea Salted Edamame
- 1/4 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Tortilla or Whole Wheat Wrap
- Pepper to taste
- Hard Boil and Peel 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs.
- Chop hard boiled organic eggs into small chunks.
- Halve 1 ripe avocado and mash.
- Add 1 tablespoon Spectrum Organic Mayonnaise and mashed avocado to organic eggs and mix.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Scoop egg salad onto tortilla or whole wheat wrap and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sea salted edamame and 1/4 cup baby spinach.
- Fold wrap and enjoy!