Banana Coconut Cacao Pancakes
Disclaimer: I created this post as a part of the Stonyfield YoGetter Blogger Program. I was provided coupons for yogurt in return for this post. All opinions and ideas are my own.
Last week was National Pancake Week. According to Wikipedia.org, “Archaeological evidence suggests that pancakes are probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies.” Pancakes come in all forms from the very thin crêpe to stuffed pancakes in the form of a blintz which is often stuffed. Pancakes can be made with sweet or savory ingredients and in our house we have been know to eat them for breakfast, dinner and even snacks. Being and athlete I find that pancakes are a good way to pre-fuel for running but also great recovery fuel as well because they are often very nutrient dense. We also love pancakes in our house because this is a great use for eggs from our family farm Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs.
I have to admit when I took on the challenge of creating a pancake recipe using Stonyfield Organic Yogurt at first I was a little bit nervous because I had never used yogurt to make pancakes before. I quickly took to the internet and scoured my favorite recipe sites and of course Pinterest to see how yogurt is used in making pancakes. I quickly learned that yogurt is a great substitute for milk in pancake recipes and will result in a thicker denser pancake. After doing a little research I brainstormed flavors that would go well together in pancake and here is what I came up with. I hope that you enjoy my fresh recipe for Banana Cacao Pancakes with Stonyfield Yogurt.
- 2 cups King Arthur Flour (all-purpose)
- 2 tablespoons Organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Woodstock Farms Organic shredded coconut
- 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Stonyfield Organic French Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield low fat milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Ripened Banana Cut into Slices
- * 1/2 cup stonyfield low fat milk
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cacao powder, shredded coconut) in a large bowl.
- Gently beat 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into dry mixture including Stonyfield Organic French Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Add one pat of butter to your frying pan or skillet, heat to medium-low.
- Add desired amount of pancake mixture to pan in small circles. Add banana slices to each pancake.
- Flip each pancake once top of pancake begins to bubble slightly.
- Cook the other side.
- Flip a couple more times until pancake is cooked to your liking.
- Serve pancakes with banana slices, and powdered sugar.