Curry and Eggs–Egg Salad inspired by my mom
SO apparently egg salad is pretty popular. My last recipe for Avocado Egg Salad has been a massive hit with my readers. I’ve decided that since I am obviously an egg-spert when it comes to eggs especially the organic kind (did you know that our family farm is Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs?) that I should try my hand at whipping up some more new egg salad creations. My latest recipe inspiration is from when I was little. When my parents had friends over when I was little she would often make curried egg salad as an hors d’oeuvres to be served on crackers to the guests. I loved sampling the creamy egg curry and crunching crackers as did their guests. This curried egg salad with granny smith apples is loaded with flavor with a blend of curry, mustard, sea salt and some pepper. The egg salad has a fresh and bright taste from the organic pea shoots that accompany this sandwich as well as the tart granny smith apples that add a perfect crunch.
- 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs Hard Boiled
- Spectrum Organic and Cage Free Mayonnaise (amount varies depending on desired consistency)
- 1/2 Organic Granny Smith Apple cut into small chunks
- 1 heaping tsp. Morton & Bassett Curry Powder
- 1 tsp. Boar's Head Delicatessen Mustard with White Wine (any dijon will do)
- 1 pinch of La Baleine Sea Salt
- Pepper to Taste
- 1 Jospeh's Whole Wheat Bread Pita
- Jonathan's Organic Pea Shoots
- Hard Boil 2 Pete & Gerry's Organic Eggs|[http://www.peteandgerrys.com]. Peel Eggs and Chop as desired. Add Organic Granny Smith Apple Chunks to the bowl. Add curry, salt, and pepper and toss. Add Spectrum Mayonnaise. I used one heaping tablespoon. Mix ingredients together. Fill your whole wheat pita with this amazing Curried Egg Salad and Granny Smith mixture and finish it off with some Jonathan's Organic Pea shoots to give your sandwich a fresh ending.
And a little side-note . . . Happy International Women’s Day! Make it an inspired one. Go out and accomplish your dreams!
Winter Wild at Whaleback Mountain
Winter Wild Championship at Bretton Woods Ski Resort
Eastern States 20 Miler (In preparation for my first Boston Marathon!)
The BOSTON MARATHON!!!!!!!!