Avocados in a smoothie?
It’s time to try my latest Organic Runner Mom smoothie creation. With an abundance of fresh fruits during the summer months I am once again on a smoothie kick. Smoothies are a great quick snack that you load full of good fats, protein and calories to help carry you through your extra long runs. If you have never tried adding avocado to a smoothie before I would definitely recommend it! Enjoy and please let me know what you think of my recipe!
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 1/2 ripe Peach
- 1 Banana
- 1 Scoop Tera's Whey Dark Chocolate Protein
- 1 Cup Stonyfield Lowfat Organic Milk
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Ice
- 1 tsp. Champlain Valley Apiaries Raw Honey
- Choose ingredients that are perfectly summer ripe to give the smoothie the most vibrant flavors. Add the ingredients to the Cuisinart Mix-Blend-Measure Cup:
- Cut the banana and peaches into small chunks. The summer ripe peach adds wonderful sweetness to the smoothie. Scoop out 1/2 of a perfectly ripe avocado. The avocado will add those good fats and will give the smoothie a rich creamy texture and fun green color. Add 1 Scoop of Tera's Whey Dark Chocolate Protein Powder, 1 Cup of Stonyfield Lowfat Organic Milk, 1/2 cup of crushed ice and 1 teaspoon of Champlain Valley Apiaries raw honey for added sweetness.
- Blend all of the ingredients with the Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender (My newest kitchen tool obsession).
- Drink and enjoy!