It’s Feel Like Fall. Here’s my fall fresh five.
Fall is rapidly closing in in New Hampshire. We had frost warnings last night. The leaves are starting to turn and kitchens everywhere are filled with the smells of apple pie and apple crisp and fall comfort food. My flip flops have been retired to the closet in favor of boots when I am not in my running shoes (except for on one of those amazing Indian Summer days). Just because fall is closing in doesn’t mean that the adventures will stop in fact I am inspired more than ever to get out and go after my goals.
During the next weeks I have many race adventures planned. Here are the races on my schedule (although some may not happen, we’ll see!) What races do you have planned?
- Lost a Lot Trail Race. A Day to Celebrate Chad Denning. 7 mile trail race. This weekend.
- Kingdom Marathon. Doin’ the Dirt – Pie to Pie – Run – Bike – Hike. Yup! 26.2 miles! October 5th, the day after my birthday!
- Attitash Hills and Hops 5K Trail Run (TBD) October 11th
- Keene Great Pumpkin Mile! With the Kids and then the Pumpkin Festival. (TBD) Ocotber 18th
- CHaD Hero Half Marathon. Please be sure to check out my fundraising page to raise money for the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth. October 26th
Organic Runner Mom’s Instagram Top 5 (for more Instagram fun click HERE)
- I had a killer weekend racing the Reach the Beach Relay with Team Back of the Pack Racing!
- I am super stoked to announce that I have been selected as a member of the North Face Locals Outdoor Ambassador Program! I was very excited to receive the awesome new North Face #ThermoBall Jacket as a welcome to the ambassador program! I can’t wait to share the adventures with you! #neverstopexploring.
3. Reach the Beach Relay was capped off with a celebration with beer provided by Harpoon Brewery! Plus Our team won their Instagram challenge. Cheers for Beers!
4. I just can’t get enough of cows! Check out the local scenery from my small town on a gorgeous day when I was out trail running this week!
5. Getting back into the swing of things with strength training this week!
Fresh five from around the web this week:
- There is an awesome new community for women runners that just went live on facebook this week. You should definitely check it out. It’s called ZELLE and was created by Runner’s World–”For women runners, by women runners. Because there is more to running than the training plan you use or how fast you can make it to the finish.”
- I love this quote from ZELLE
3. Rowing is the new spinning!?!?!? I guess I was ahead of the trend when I rowed in high school and college! Read more about this HERE.
4. Runners Take The Place of Models During Fashion Week. YES! YES! YES! Real, strong, athletes! Gorgeous!
5. True Story. This actually happened at Reach the Beach New Hampshire!
So now that you’ve hear my fall fresh five for the week I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to! Are you racing soon? What race? Did you read something funny this week? Please share in the comments and have a marvelous weekend!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com