A Fitness Challenge Round-up to keep you inspired!
As we are moving in to February I am reflecting back on all of the healthy lifestyle changes that I have made towards becoming a healthier me and also towards reaching my goals. Part of staying healthy and reaching your goals is staying motivated. There are a lot of motivating online challenges every month that can help get you moving more and feeling great about yourself. Here are some awesome February fitness challenges to add to your training or just to stay healthy, moving and having fun!
1000 Burpee Challenge from Fitfluential and Under Armour
- Check out this awesomely crazy #FFBurpee challenge from FitFluential and Under Armour! Complete 1000 #burpees by the end of February and show your progress on twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #FFBURPEE
- For more information visit Fitfluential HERE and if you enter Under Armour will outfit you from head to toe!
The Wellness Road Map 30 Day Plank Challenge for February 2014
- If burpees are not your thing, here is a great Plank Challenge from The Wellness Road Map. You will add difficulty to your planking every day by adding time each day. There are some nice prizes for this
- To enter you need to join tby February 1st on FACEBOOK
Find Your Balance February from My Own Balance
- Blogger Brittany from My Own Balance challenges you to do one thing every day to have a healthier life. In order to find out more details you need to visit Challenge Loop.
- Brittany encourages you to make positive healthy changes in your life in the areas of nutrition and fitness.
- One winner will be chosen at random to win an Athleta Gift Card.
- Athleta offers you a squat challenge that will benefit your body for running and your overall strength and stability.
- Squats have many different benefits including toning your core, strengthening your legs and tightening your gluteus maximus. Squats will help you to increase your joint flexibility. You can also add in an upper body workout by using weights while performing your squat exercises.
- Do you have any races planned this month? If not you can join the Strava Races Half Marathon as long as you are a user of Strava.
- If you join this challenge you will need to run a Half Marathon as fast as possible and record your run using the Strava App.
- Once you upload your run to Strava you will be added to a leaderboard.
- This would be a great challenge to add into your training or to give you a goal!
- Find out more about this challenge on the Strava Website HERE.