Boston Marathon Outfit Preview
After yesterdays heavy discussion about PTSD and the Boston Marathon let’s lighten things up today with a fun sneak peek at my Boston Marathon race day outfit. Being a running blogger I often have the opportunity to try out new running gear. I also have the opportunity to represent some of my favorite companies as a Brand Ambassador so that I can share the products that I love with you!
Now without further ado here is the awesome outfit that I plan to wear as long as the weather cooperates!
*Disclaimer: I was given some of these items as a part of my ambassadorships and sponsorships that I am a part of. All opinions expressed here are my own.
Here is a more detailed description of what you will see me wearing as I speed by along the racecourse:
- Hoka One One Clifton 2–It’s official, after training in the Clifton 2’s for the entire Boston Marathon training cycle and racing in them at the Eastern States 20 Miler, I adore these shoes for running long distances! These shoes have provided my feet with stability and comfort as my legs have logged countless miles in preparation for Boston. Although not a traditional stability shoe the natural stability of this maximalist shoe has provided my over-pronating feet with the stability that they need. These shoes are surprisingly lightweight and have held up to the test of the miles. My feet have been comfy with no blisters and there is plenty of room in the toe-box. Having a higher insole I appreciate the extra padding in the tongue of the shoe which makes them more comfortable across the top of your foot. I wear these in an 8 and 1/2 as I have found that for me Hoka One One’s tend to run a half size big for my feet. As a bonus I love this shoe because they are the signature Blue and yellow B.A.A. colors.
- Official Running Gear of the Boston Marathon Addidas Racing Singlet–I am excited to race the marathon with Team Stonyfield wearing our official team uniform! Stonyfield is the official yogurt sponsor of the Boston Marathon! This tank is great looking and has a nice pocket for extra energy gels!
- Skirt Sports Cascade Skirt–Ooh! La! La! This is the soon to be release Skirt Sports Cascade Skirts. I am super stoked about this skirt! First of all, the color is so pretty and perfect for Boston! Secondly if you know me I am all about the fun style when it comes to my race day outfits and I especially love the skirts with ruffles (I #runlikeagirl #realwomenmove #fastinaskirt). This skirt features two tiers of ruffles over a black shortie with 2 perfect pockets underneath for gels and a cell phone. Skirt Sports has been so generous to provide me with this skirt for my run and to share with you!
- Crazy Compression Over the Calf Compression Socks in Teal/Future Dots (I may wear calf sleeves instead depending on the temperature). I am a Crazy Compression ambassador and these are my go to socks for every race and long run. I love the fact that they are solid colored on the front with a wild design on the back.
- Garmin Vivoactive–I have come to love this watch for my training during this marathon training cycle. Not only is it a GPS watch but it is also a fitness and sleep tracker and can also be used to track workouts on the bike, in the pool, and on the treadmill. This watch syncs wirelessly to an app to give you a detailed read out of your training including splits per mile, cadence, and elevation loss/gain. It also works with Garmin Connect as a place to save all of your training information.
- Sweaty Bands No-Slip Headband–These are a much needed item for the crazy flyaway hairs and to keep the sweat at bay. Plus these headbands are cute too!
Track me on Boston Marathon Monday . . .
And . . . If you want to follow my race on Marathon Monday at the Boston Marathon you can register for Boston Marathon live updates here. My BIB Number is : 30666 . There will be live tracking during the race so I’d love to have you following along!
Momentum Jewelry Giveaway
And now for a little something fun for you, I am giving a way one Momentum Jewelry Motivate Wrap to inspire you! If you are chosen as the winner you will be able to choose your color and inspirational saying. Good luck!