I am working very hard to have a positive outlook on life and to see all of the good that is before me which when be hard sometimes when the clouds of depression hang down. I am working very hard to flip my thinking to the positive and to the good around me and the good that I see in other people. Meditation is a great practice for learning to shift your focus and your mindset to more positive thinking. I am doing a lot of learning about meditation and really want to try to add some form of meditation into my daily routine.
Meditation is a way of transforming your mind. Through meditation you can gain more mental clarity, positivity, calm and concentration. Meditation will help you learn the patterns of your mind. Meditation is like a practice of fitness for your mind.
There are many different ways to get started with meditation because different types of meditation require different sets of skills.
Do you #meditate? Learn about 5 different types of #meditation that can help you to shift your mindset to be more positive. #mindfulnessTweet
Here are 5 different types of meditation practice:
- Loving-Kindness Meditation-In loving-kindness meditation you focus on different people. through meditation and mantras you direct positive and loving energy to the people that you imagine. This can help rid yourself of negative energy and share the positivity with others.
- Mindfulness Meditation-In mindfulness meditation you focus your thoughts on your own experiences, focusing on what you are experiencing as your experience it. Through Mindfulness meditation you will work to eliminate additional thoughts that surround the present. Let your thoughts come and go as you focus on your breath.
- Breath Awareness Meditation-In this type of meditation your thoughts should be solely on your breath. Allow your neck, shoulders, jaw, mouth, and tongue to relax as you begin a regular breathing pattern in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Guided Meditation-Guided meditation requires a teacher to lead you through the meditation. This can be useful for a beginner learning to meditate. There are many apps such as Headspace that can lead you through a guided meditation.
- Calming or Concentration Meditation-This type of meditation centers around focusing on a simple object or thought. You can focus on your breath, feelings in your body, or even a mantra. Give yourself gentle reminders to return to your thoughts should your mind wander away from your meditation.