2016 Goals. Big goals and little goals.
I think I need a restart to the New Year. We rang in the New Year and then I promptly got sick which has made it hard to get motivated at all. I have basically been in bed for the past five days. I am thanking my lucky stars that the kids have been in school so that I can attempt to nurse my self back to health. Perhaps my immune system was just holding it together long enough to get through the holidays before it totally crashed. My fingers are crossed that tomorrow morning I will bounce out of bed and feel my energy rushing back in. I have so many goals for the New Year that I am ready to start chipping away at!
Now for those 2016 Goals . . .
- Boston Marathon 2016: Finish this race feeling strong and confident that I ran the marathon with consistency. I don’t want to make the same mistakes that I made in 2014 by going out too fast. I plan to race a conservative first half and then to work on negative splits for the second half.
- Big Boston Marathon Goal: Break 3:30! My PR is a 3:33 and I know that I have more in me. It’s definitely going to take a lot of hard work to achieve this time goal so once I am healthy it’s time to get focused!
- Half Marathon: I would love to see a PR in the half marathon distance. My half marathon PR is a 1:37 on a fast and flat course when I was in peak Boston Marathon qualification shape in 2012. Maybe this could happen at ZOOMA Cape Cod in the fall?
- Learn to push through the tough points without giving up. I have been a bit of a head case lately. I don’t want to get so focused on a time goal that I forget to love the run for what it is and to remember that it will be hard sometimes and that is ok.
- To do another big trail race!
- To race at least one race with my kids!
- Half Ironman: Now that I have completed my first Half Ironman at Timberman I hope to PR at this distance. I will have another shot this summer when I race the Timberman Half Ironman again!
- Olympic Distance Triathlon: I want to race more. I want to PR. I want to become more comfortable with transitions.
- Cycling: I need to improve my stamina on the bike. I need to spend more time riding the trainer this winter and just need to continue getting more miles under my belt. I still haven’t quite figured out how to push my self on the bike.
- Swimming: I need to spend more time swimming to improve my speed. I also need some coaching to improve my form. Do more open water swimming once the water is warm enough (it will be awhile!)
- To keep a monthly editorial calendar.
- To become more organized with keeping track of campaigns, sponsored posts etc. by using tools such as Evernote, Spreadsheets and more.
- To get a new blog header (still contemplating this one)
- To have some professional photos taken for use on the blog.
- To increase number of weekly posts to 4x per week to include (training recaps, food tips, training tips, Friday Fives, etc.)
- To consistently use coschedule and other schedule tools to consistently release content onto social media.
- To rework old content and to create new content based on current trends.
- To continue to build Pinterest and Instagram through more quality pinnable images, more interaction on Pinterest.
- To utilize Periscope in conjunction with the blog.
- To attend at least one blogging conference.
- To spend more time on family adventures (hiking, biking, skiing, playing in the great outdoors etc.)
- To spend lots of time playing and giggling with my kids
- Read more books! (motivational, fluff reads, whatever!)
- To spend more time unplugged
- To get my sleep schedule back on track. My goal is to get to bed by 9:30-10:00 every night. I would love to become more of a morning person.
- To laugh more with friends.
- To make time for date nights!
Wow! That is a big list of goals! I am sure I have missed some and who knows if I will be able to check off everything at the end of the year. This is a great place to start and gives me a great sense of PURPOSE as I start the journey into 2016>