National Running Day 2015
Woohoo! Today is National Running Day! This may be one of my favorite non-traditional holidays of the year! Share your love for the run today! Run by yourself in the woods, grab a friend or run with the group. Proclaim your love for running with your friends and share the joy that it brings you. Now how can you resist celebrating!
My relationship with running. National Running Day Interview.
And now to inspire you here is a fun questionnaire from Jonesin’ For a Run to tell you all about my amazing relationship with running! If you’d like to join in the celebration we’d love to have you share your own answers to this questionnaire on your blog or social media.
- Why do you run? I run for pure enjoyment! Right now my focus has been on getting back to running to enjoy it and to feel free. I have been so focused on Boston qualifying times and just getting faster that I almost lost this reason for a little while. But now, I’m back. I am trying to squeeze in a run whenever I can, it can be a few easy miles on the treadmill, a long run on the road past some of my favorite farms or a group run with my best running friends out on the trails where I fell in love with running.
- How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? I plan to get out and run tomorrow on a favorite trail with some of my favorite friends. That’s the hope at least. We’ll have to wait and see what the day holds!
- How many miles have you run so far this year? I have to admit I am not so good at keeping track. Most of my runs are recorded in time and quality hours on my feet. I do want to get better at keeping track though!
- What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? So far, it’s shaping up to be a great season of running (which includes a lot of running during triathlons!). I am currently signed up to race the Timberman Ironman 70.3 in NH, the Lobsterman Olympic Distance Triathlon in Maine, and the Maine Half Marathon as a part of an awesome blogging retreat! I am ready to add more races to my calendar and have a few ideas rolling around . . . perhaps my 9th Reach the Beach Relay? maybe the Philadelphia Marathon . . . we’ll see!
- Before I leave for a run you must have: When I go out for a run I must be decked out head to toe in Skirt Sports gear of course, with my Crazy Compression socks (the more color the better), my Mizuno Running Shoes or Hoka One One’s, Skratch Labs Fruit Drops Energy Chews, perhaps some beef jerky (depending on distance) and whatever fueling goodies I can stuff in my pockets.
- Do you have one favorite app to track your runs? I use my TomTom Multisport Cardio Watch and I often use MapMyRun.
- Who is your favorite running partner? If the stars align and schedules permit I will always run with my best running girls, Bridget, Joanna, Jenny, and Meghan!
- What races have you ran so far this year? So far this year of racing has been quiet due to back troubles (which are thankfully gone!). I have raced one race, the Dirty 5K on Mother’s Day.
- If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be? There is so much advice to be given yet I always come back to these words of wisdom . . . run for you, trust your training, and always be ready for new adventures!
- Describe your relationship with running in one word: Endorphins.
Now what are you waiting for. Get out there and go for a run and celebrate National Running Day!
Why did you start running? How inspires you to run? Where was your favorite run and why?
One last quick thing . . .
Runner’s World Cover Contest
If you have a chance please vote for me to be on the cover of Runner’s World Magazine. I would love your support!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom