Sun Multisport Events–New England TriFest–Olympic Distance Triathlon
There is no turning back now. I have been all talk about doing a triathlon but now I have gotten up the courage and have signed up for my first official Olympic Distance Triathlon. I have picked the New England TriFest which is put on by Sun Multisport Events. This race takes place the last weekend in June in Fairlee, Vermont. This race is actually local to me and the swim takes place in gorgeous Lake Fairlee (which will hopefully be a bit warmer by race day!). I am a bit nervous about how my legs will feel as this is one week after the Mount Washington Road Race (7.6 miles up a mountain, yikes!). The goal for my first triathlon however is to have a blast and to soak in the experience. If I get the “Tri-Bug” once I’ve done the race then it will be time to get a bit more serious about my training (although who am I kidding, I’m always serious when it comes to training!)
Now that I am in, there is now backing out. I have so many questions about doing a triathlon that maybe you can help me answer some of them. I will be sure to have many more along the way!
Triathlon Newbie questions:
- How long does each transition usually take you?
- What do you like to wear during the triathlon?
- Do you wear the same clothes the whole race? (and I am serious about this)
- Do you get more chafing during a triathlon than during a marathon?
- Where do you wear your race number?
- Do you have a favorite brand of swimming cap? I don’t have one yet but am in serious need!
- How often do your practice transitions during your training cycle.
- How do YOU fuel yourself during a triathlon.
- Do you have a any special strategies for the swim (or are those top secret?)
- Which part of the triathlon is your favorite?
OK. GAME ON. Challenge accepted! It’s triathlon time! See you at the TriFest!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom