Finding your CAN! Say yes to running.
I am always on the look out for people to run with. Living in an area that is somewhat minimally populated (my town has 800 people) it is harder to find an organized running group. When I hear that someone else is a runner, I always ask,”Would you like to go for a run sometime?” The answer that I often hear is, “But you run marathons . . . I could never run as fast as you” or, “I could never be a runner.”
This is just silly. I want to run with YOU and yes, YOU can be a runner!
Part of the reason running is so great is that it doesn’t have to be about speed, or running races, or running a certain distance. There are many other reasons to run and so many reasons why YOU can run and why you can be a RUNNER!
I may be training for a marathon right now which means that I have a training plan that I am trying to stick to but if you ask me to go for a run, I will quickly ditch my plans to run with you because isn’t it nice to have company on the run? And, we can run at any pace you want and run as far as you want. If I am joining you to run it’s because it’s a great thing to do together. There is no need to feel like you are slowing me down. Running can be so much more than that. You CAN run with me and you may even surprise yourself and if you are new to running you may become hooked.
We are all guilty at times of making apologies ahead of time or making excuses for why something might not be a good idea. We need to ditch these insecure ways of feeling. This attitude and self-sabotage has the potential to make us miss out on so many things in life.
Running Motivation. Reasons to say YES to a run!
There are so many reasons why you should say yes! Here are just a few.
- You should be doing this for yourself!
- Running is a great way to de-stress
- The fresh air and sunlight will help you to feel good!
- Running friends are the best! It’s a great time to share stories and laughs.
- You can challenge yourself.
- Not everything in life is easy when you get started. It gets easier after you take the first step.
- You will learn something about yourself when you challenge yourself
- Everyone needs a good endorphin boost!
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone will make you stronger.
- You may find a new friend for life!
- Running will help you build your self-confidence.
- YOU CAN DO IT!
What are you waiting for . . .?
What reasons would you add to my list? What is your running motivation?