Salba Organic Chia Review
If you read my blog you know that I am a huge fan of Chia seeds. Salba Chia was generous to send me some samples of their products, Salba Organic Chia Seeds, Salba Organic Premium Ground Chia Seeds and Salba Boost Chia Seeds. The first thing that excites me about Salba is that several of their products are USDA Organic Certified and all of their products are Non GMO verified! As someone who is very into clean eating and organic food this is good news!
Here’s the skinny on what you will find when you try Salba Chia Seeds:
- 325% more fiber than oatmeal
- 800% more Omega-3 than salmon
- all 8 essential amino acids which make it a complete protein
- gluten free
- whole food
- 500% more magnesium than broccoli
- 200% more potassium than bananas
- 300% more iron than spinach
- Kosher Certified
- Non-GMO Verified
- Organic and non-organic
Salba has been around since 2006. They pride themselves on their organic farming practices. Salba chia is grown in South America in Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I love the variety of products. The seeds are awesome but this is the first time I have seen Premium Ground Chia Seeds. The Ground chia seeds are my new favorite because they are great to use when baking, or in smoothies, yogurt or to blend in your favorite oatmeal. I also love the single serving packs that are easy to stick in your gym bag or to bring with you when you are traveling. I also learned something truly cool about Chia from reading the Salba Blog. Did you know that chia can be used as an egg replacer when baking? To find out more read “Salba Chia: the egg replacement.”
Organic Rainbow Chard Chia Smoothie
Green smoothies are always on the menu at my house. I just can’t get enough of spinach and recently discovered how tasty Rainbow Chard is in a smoothie. Soon our organic garden will be full of fresh spinach and rainbow chard. Until then I found some Organic Rainbow Chard, the cousin of Swiss Chard at our local Co op Food Store. Rainbow Chard is packed full of healthy nutrients, copper, manganese, magnesium and even natural sodium which is great fro athletes who are constantly trying to keep salt levels in balance during the hot summer months. Rainbow Chard is high in Vitamin K (I am not a doctor but please check first before adding this to your smoothie if you are on blood thinners). By adding Rainbow Chard and Chia to a smoothie you are drinking a smoothie that is packed with a superfood punch!
- 1 whole ripe organic and/or Fair Trade banana
- 1/4 cup organic strawberries
- 4-5 leaves of organic rainbow chard (with or without stalks, stalks can be used to garnish)
- 1 TBS Premium Ground Organic Salba Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 1/2 Cup Lowfat Organic Milk
- 1 teaspoon organic or local honey as a sweetener.
- Yield: 2 servings
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Slice or break banana into pieces.
- Slice and hull organic strawberries.
- Chop organic rainbow chard.
- Add ice, honey and milk.
- Turn blender on to chop and puree until desired consistency has been achieved!
Salba Smart Giveaway!
Now it is your chance to try Organic Salba Chia. Please enter to win and share with a friend!
Have you ever tried Salba Organic Chia Seeds? What is your favorite type of green smoothie. what is your favorite way to enjoy chia seeds?
One last quick thing . . .
Runner’s World Cover Contest
If you have a chance please vote for me to be on the cover of Runner’s World Magazine. I would love your support!
VOTE HERE #224 Sandra Laflamme AKA Organic Runner Mom. Thank you!!!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom