My Racing Goals for 2015
It’s time to start looking ahead to the new year and imagining all of the incredible goals out there waiting to be smashed. This is a list that is subject to change as life throws its curveballs but setting goals is the perfect way to stay motivated as we ring in 2015. Once I start mapping out my big races for the year my enthusiasm ramps up and I am ready to start training. Last year my focus was on racing the Boston Marathon and although I will miss training for Boston this year I am not going to miss the miserable sub zero temperature long runs that greeted me every Sunday morning. This year my big goal race is something new which I am very excited about. I am looking forward to having my awesome coach Denise Goode from The Sustainable Athlete help me to reach my goals!
Goals for Racing:
- To completely rehab my back (see my post on SI joint trouble to read more) . . . the rest of my goals all depend on how this one goes . . . fingers crossed!
- To complete at least one (or maybe all) of the Winter Wild Mountain Racing Series. The Winter Wild races will continue this year with a shortened schedule. Winter Wild was originally started by Chad Denning, an amazing ultrarunner from our running and racing community who tragically passed away this year while out on a training run on Mt. Moosilauke. Brandon Baker, a great friend of Chad’s will be leading the way to make the Winter Wild mountain series happen again this winter in New Hampshire as one way to keep Chad’s spirit living on. This year the series will be comprised of 4 races at Ragged Mountain, Pat’s Peak, Mt. Sunapee and Bretton Woods. I hope to be there for at least one race to run for Chad.
- To race my first snowshoe race.
- To run some new half marathons and possible beat my PR of 1:37?!?!
- To race 3 Olympic Triathlons: The White Mountains Triathlon, The New England Trifest, and the Lobsterman Triathlon and to improve on my Olympic Distance Triathlon finish time.
- My big goal race: To train for and race my first HALF-IRONMAN! I am already signed up for the Timberman Triathlon. IRONMAN 70.3 here I come! I am extra excited about this goal because I have a new training partner for triathlon who will be sharing this awesome race adventure with me!
Now that I have set forth my goals, what are YOUR racing goals for 2015? Do you have any new races planned? Are you hoping to smash an old PR? I’d love to hear all about it!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com