Organic Runner Mom’s Year of Running 2014
This post is a quick peek at my year of running and was inspired by awesome runblogger Miss Zippy! Head on over to her blog to check out her year of running and to find more inspirational posts in the link up!
- Best race experience? It is so hard to pick one favorite race experience. This year I added in some new racing fun to include my first trail marathon–Bear Brook Trail Marathon, a dirt road marathon–The Kingdom Marathon and my first Olympic Distance Triathlon–the Lobsterman Triathlon which were such incredible race experiences as well as running the Boston Marathon again. Since I have to pick just one I’ll pick the Bear Brook Trail Marathon in Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, NH. This trail marathon is still relatively new with the course being designed by Ultra Runner Ryan Welts. One of the reasons this was my best race experience of the year is that I went to this race with some of my best running friends and although we did not race together just knowing that they were on the course racing was inspiring. I had no expectations for a finish time in this race because I had never run a trail marathon before (and the mileage ended up being quite bit more than 26.2). I treated this race like an adventure with one clear goal to finish with a smile. It was an extremely hot day but I was well prepared with plenty of hydration and fuel and the aid stations along the course were well stocked with goodies. The energy of the racers was high and the changing terrain along the course was beautiful. I finished the race with a solid time just over 6 hours and a sweaty grin!
- Best run? My best run happened over the summer. 3 of my amazing running friends and I tackled a trail run in the gorgeous Pemigewasset Wilderness with scenic views, a little bit of bushwacking and a ton of laughs. Any run with these strong women is going to be a best run!
- Best new piece of gear? My best new piece of gear is my TOM TOM Multisport GPS watch that my husband got for me this summer. I am still figuring out all of the different functions. So far I love the fact that it syncs with my phone so I can immediately upload my workout data right onto my phone. The Tom Tom Multisport watch has a built in heart rate monitor and the watch can be popped out of the band and mounted on your bike. The more I use this watch the more I love it!
- Best piece of running advice you received? Cross Train. since I have added more cross training into my workout regimen I have gotten stronger, my body feels more in balance and I have been able to avoid injury, well mostly . . . but the most recent back injury came after a period where I went back to mostly running. I should have listened to this advice more closely.
- Most inspirational runner? Larissa Dannis. She is a NH runner who has worked hard to go from barely a runner to this years winner of the USATF 100K!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Inspired. Challenging. Reinvigorated. Energized.
I am looking forward to new running adventures and some more triathlons in 2015 (Look out for my 2015 goals post coming soon!). How was your year of running? I’d love to hear about it and then you can hop over to Miss Zippy’s blog to join in the link up fun to share all about your year in running!
What was your favorite running memory from 2014?
Don’t miss my latest Stocking Stuffer Guide. Click through for stocking stuffer goodie ideas and some great giveaways too . . .
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com