Liven up your smoothie. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Smoothie Review
*Disclaimer: I received Manitoba Hemp Protein Smoothie Products for this review as a part of my ambassadorship with Sweat Pink. I am also being compensated for this post. All opinions expressed here are my own.
I was introduced to Manitoba Hemp Hearts about 4 years ago by Sarah Stanley Inspired. Since then I have been adding hemp hearts to smoothies and to my oatmeal in the morning. Sometimes I even blend them into my yogurt! Now Manitoba Harvest has recently introduced their Hemp Protein Smoothie. This product is a hemp powder supplement drink mix.
Hemp protein is a great plant based alternative for anyone looking for a good protein source. This is vegan protein. Hemp is a complete protein containing the 8 essential amino acids that your body needs (SOURCE). It is also great because it is a protein source that is low in saturated fat and it is easy for the body to digest
Here are some things that I love:
- There are 3 flavors available: Mixed Berry, Vanilla Chai, and Chocolate.
- Many of the ingredients are ORGANIC!
- Greens are included in these smoothie mixes including organic spinach, organic kale, and organic broccoli.
- They are Non-GMO Verified. Yes!
- You can easily blend a smoothie on the go using a blender bottle and your hemp protein smoothie mix and your favorite drink.
- You can blend your hemp protein smoothie in a blender and add many other delicious ingredients.
- Each serving contains 15 grams of protein per 30 gram serving
- This is a planted based protein smoothie mix.
I often crave smoothies after one of my marathon training runs so getting a boost from this smoothie mix is perfect after training to help rebuild! Since my favorite kind of smoothies are ones made in the blender I have mixed up a smoothie for you to try using the Smoothie Mix in Vanilla Chai Flavor. The vanilla chai flavor in this recipe matches well with the berries and banana and has a slight hint of the greens in the mix.
Recipe: Blackberry Vanilla Chai Hemp Protein Smoothie
- 4 tablespoons Vanilla Chai Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Smoothie Mix
- 1 cup lowfat organic milk
- 1/4 cup organic blackberries
- 1/2 organic banana
- 1 teaspoon of Vermont Maple syrup to sweeten (more if preferred depending on the sweetness of the blackberries)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
Add ingredients to your blender. Blend to your desired consistency. Enjoy!
Would you like to try some for yourself?
Use code hempsmoothielaunch16 on your purchase at ManitobaHarvest.com when you place your first order for Hemp Protein Smoothie. The code is good until April 30, 2016.
You can win some too!
Manitoba Harvest is giving away a CASE of their new smoothie mix. To enter to win here is what you need to do:
- Share your favorite flavor on social media
- Tag @ManitobaHarvest
- Use hashtag #hempproteinsmoothie
A winner will be selected on April 15th, 2016 and you will receive an entire case of your favorite flavor!
Have you tried hemp protein before? What kind of smoothie would you make with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Protein Smoothie? Which flavor would you pick to win?