Lift Each Other Up.
Why is it that we live in a culture where we feel we must always one up each other? I am all for healthy competition in sport but in daily life we should celebrate each others accomplishments as they happen. We also need to be ready to hold each other up when life throws a challenge in the path. We need to keep our eyes open to see the struggles and the successes happening all around us. It is great to celebrate the positive things that are happening for you but don’t forget to look to see what is happening for others.
Here are some things you can do to support someone else today:
- Listen. Just listen.
- Lend a shoulder to cry on.
- Check-in when you know things are tough. A phone call, a note, a simple quick text can help.
- Be available. You will be there if needed if you can. Just letting a friend know you are there can help lift someone up.
- Give them space if they ask for it. Let them know the need for space is ok too.
- Ask, “how are you doing?” and be ready for whatever it is that they have to tell you.
- Celebrate achievements no matter how big or small.
- Notice the small things.
- Ask about something that you haven’t asked about in awhile.
- Get silly. Laughing together can ease tension and bring on the smiles.
What can you to to lift someone up today. How will you support a friend in need?
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> firstname.lastname@example.org