I’m sharing my good “green” karma” with you! Try this smoothie recipe.
We could all use a little Good Karma in our lives so why not a little bit of “Green Karma” with this smoothie loaded with protein, good fats, and vitamins. I am in the peak part of my training cycle for the Boston Marathon which means my metabolism is spinning out of control. When I am exercising like a mad woman I have a tough time keeping enough calories in to support my body during the heavier training requirements. Smoothies are one of the best and quickest ways to boost my caloric intake when hunger strikes before I begin to feel my blood sugar level dropping and then . . . well, you don’t want to see what happens!!!
Last night I whipped up this smoothie recipe creation that I just know you will love after a long training run or ride. I hope you enjoy it and please be sure to pass along the good green karma!
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 ripe organic banana
- 1/4 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/2 ripe organic avocado
- 2 cups Stonyfield Lowfat Organic Milk
- 1/3 cup Vermont Peanut Butter Good Karma Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Champlain Valley Apiaries Raw Honey
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Pulse until ice is chopped.
- Puree until smoothie is desired consistency.
- Share the good green karma with a friend and enjoy!
- *Yields 2 Servings
Source Organic Whey Protein Giveaway Winner:
Happy running and will someone turn up the thermostat? Spring is in a few days!!!!