Poached Eggs over Sauteed Garlic Rosemary Spinach
I have decided its time to start exploring with eggs in the kitchen. Since we have a family organic egg farm, Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, I figure its about time I learned how to cook more with eggs than just the simple scrambled or fried. I should become an eggs-pert, right? The one type of eggs that I have always wanted to learn how to make are poached eggs. There is nothing better than a perfectly poached egg that opens with the gentle touch of your fork letting out a creamy golden yolk. Poaching an egg is not as simple as it looks. I am definitely going to need some practice at perfecting my perfect poaching technique!
Basic tips for poaching an egg:
- Bring your water to a simmer, not a full boil.
- Carefully add your eggs to the water one at a time and keep them separated.
- Adding vinegar to the water can help to keep the egg whites together.
- Don’t cook too long or you will end up with hard yolks and these will not be the perfect poached eggs!
Once I had figured out to poach my eggs I decided to create a savory egg dish that would be perfect for brunch or dinner. Obviously we love eggs in our house and I could eat them at any meal. Pairing eggs with spinach is a great way to give your body a healthy helping of protein and also lots of vitamins and minerals. Spinach is very nutrient dense and provides your body with antioxidants. Spinach is also an iron rich food. Our organic eggs also have Omega 3’s and of they are come from Certified Humane cage free hens. This dish is light but will leave you feeling satisfied!
- 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs
- White Vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Olive Oil
- Organic Spinach
- Freshly Grated Paremsan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring water to a simmer.
- Add eggs to your pot carefully after cracking them open into a small bowl or ramekin. (eggs can be placed in poaching cups or small ramekins directly in simmering water).
- Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to keep the whites from separating (this is optional)
- Simmer eggs gently uncovered for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to your cast iron skillet.
- Mince 1/2 clove of garlic and cook in olive oil until aromatic.
- Add rosemary.
- Add spinach and cook until sauteed.
- Add garlic rosemary spinach to your plate.
- Gently remove poached eggs from water
- Place poached eggs on top of spinach
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and salt and pepper.
Do you have a favorite dish that you like to make using poached eggs? Bon apetit!
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> firstname.lastname@example.org