A twist on an easy Granola Bar Recipe!
*This Recipe was adapted from Gluten Free ‘No Bake’ Granola Bars from With Style & Grace.
I have always wanted to make my own granola bar. For some reason this always seemed like a daunting task for me. However a lazy rainy day beckoned me into the kitchen to play with ingredients. When I am looking for recipes one of the places I look first is always Pinterest. Upon searching for granola bar recipes I found a ton but settled on one that looked almost too good to eat. I have made some modifications to this amazing Gluten Free ‘No Bake’ Granola Bar recipe but it was so good it didn’t need too much changing. To take a look at the original recipe please visit Lisa Thiele on With Sytle and Grace. My version of this recipe bumps up the level of chocolatey goodness with the addition of Vermont Peanut Butter Good Karma Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and bittersweet chocolate chips. I also used Barbara’s Bakery Organic Brown Crisp Cereal and added some Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts for additional nutty flavor. This recipe was simple to make and my daughter (age 5) enjoyed mixing the wet and dry ingredients as well as pressing the granola bar mixture into the pan.
The finished granola bar product is heavenly. These Good Karma Granola Bars are awesome to throw in your hydration pack for a long training run or ride but also make a great lunchbox snack. My son (age 3) who is a recent fan of peanut butter gave the granola bars rave reviews and is now asking me to make more.
- 1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Thick Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 3/4 cup Barbara's Bakery Organic Brown Rice Crisps
- ½ cup Organic shredded coconut
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Hemp Hearts
- 1/3- Champlain Valley Apiaries Raw honey
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Vermont Peanut Butter Good Karma Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Organic Singing Dog vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup bittersweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips
- In a medium Mixing Bowl combine the dry ingredients: organic shredded coconut, organic thick rolled oats, organic hemp hearts, salt, organic brown rice crisp cereal, and organic shredded coconut.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat combine organic brown sugar, raw organic honey and allow sugar and honey to combine before allowing it to boil.
- Remove honey and brown sugar mixture from heat and stir in Vermont Peanut Butter Good Karma Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and vanilla.
- Once the heated ingredients are mixed until smooth, pour over dry ingredients and mix (Tip: You can use your hands to mix if it is difficult to cover the dry ingredients when using a spoon).
- Add bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Once all of your ingredients are combined press the mixture into a baking dish that has been lightly greased.
- Cover and allow to cool.
- The final product can be cut into bars or even made into Granola Bar Balls for a fun twist!
- Enjoy as a pre-run or post run snack or perfect for kids lunchboxes!
Have you ever tried to make your own granola bar before? Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share? Please link up in the comments below. These are the perfect treat for What I ate Wendesday!#WIAW
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom