What? My first triathlon is right around the corner!
I have been training all summer on the bike, in the pool and on the roads and trails in order to prepare for my first triathlon. I was supposed to race my first Olympic triathlon in July but it didn’t happen due to a nasty upper respiratory infection that knocked me off my feet for two weeks. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise because earlier in the summer my training felt rushed and I did not feel confident in the water or in the pool. Now I have had plenty of extra time to get comfy in the “saddle” and to feel an ease when swimming close to a mile. On race day the running will be the easy part. I am excited for this new adventure at the Lobsterman Olympic Distance Triathlon (And yes it does come complete with a lobster dinner upon race completion. Yes!)
I am also nervous about my first tri and know that this new race experience will probably not be super smooth and I have absolutely no idea how I will stack up to the competition. I have several big goals for the race:
- To complete the race!
- To finish the ride without any “Clippy” mishaps on the bike.
- To make it through the transitions smoothly (with no wardrobe malfunctions, ie: not being able to remove my wetsuit. Haha!)
- To complete the swim with no in water mishaps.
- To fuel myself appropriately so that I don’t bonk somewhere along the course..
- To rock the run!
- To have a blast!
- To eat my lobster, to laugh, and to celebrate becoming a triathlete!
What worries you the most about a triathlon? What was your first triathlon experience like?
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> firstname.lastname@example.org