Find strength in others.
We often miss seeing the strengths in those closest to us. Sometimes the best lessons that we can learn in life come from the people we are most connected to. Life can be so busy that you can forget to slow down and take time to appreciate the strengths that others can teach us and help us to reach our own goals.
I live with a self motivated and highly driven entrepreneur. Our family business is a passion and its success means everything. We moved back to New Hampshire the day after Organic Runner Dad (Rower and Mountain Biker too) graduated from college. We were chasing a dream. I wanted him to go for his dream . . . I never thought that dream would include chickens (but it is one thing that I love the most!)
Watching my husband work hard every day to achieve his dream and follow the mission of the business with passion has taught me lessons that help me when I look at going after my own dreams and goals.
Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur:
- If you think you are dreaming big . . . dream bigger.
- Sometimes you will have to go it alone.
- Nothing will be handed to you . . . you will have to fight for it with passion.
- Be ready to take risks . . . you have to be prepared for anything.
- You will work harder than you ever knew you could and you will want to work harder because your dreams are worth it.