It’s time to set some new goals to make forward progress.
Phew! We made it through January and now it’s time to take a look at goals again. January in New England is its own kind of crazy challenge. The days are dark. The temperature often hovers around zero or below and it is usually easier to retreat to the comfort of your warm cozy bed than it is to motivate outside to get a decent workout in. But now it’s February so everything is looking up, right! Dig deep and find that motivation, you won’t regret it.
Here’s what I have on my goal list for February:
- Incorporate yoga back into my workout routine to improve balance and flexibility. Just in case you missed it, starting tomorrow i’m going to #TaketheLeap with the prAna and #SweatPink 30 Days of Yoga Challenge. It all starts tomorrow so I hope you’ll consider joining in! For more information check out my post HERE.
- Increase my endurance in the pool and incorporate more interval training to increase me speed. My coach Denise from The Sustainable Athlete is working hard to make sure this happens as she already provided me with some amazing butt-kicking workouts during January to make up for the lack of running due to injury.
- Continue with PT to hopefully strengthen and remedy some imbalance issues in my right hip/lower back. I am quickly becoming an expert in the physiology of this region of my body and am amazed that my body hasn’t quit on me like this before. In the future I promise to take adequate rest, to stretch and foam roll like it is my job and to work harder to strengthen all muscle groups that are used in running . . . apparently I may have been neglecting some areas?!?!
- To sweat hard on my bike trainer. These miles may not be equivalent to road miles but they will give me a strong base for the spring when I can really get down and dirty with my training for the Timberman Half Ironman!
- RUN! Things are moving in a positive direction with my physical therapy so hopefully I will get the green light to lace up my kicks (hopefully I’ll discover my new running shoe soul mate) and hit the treadmill for more miles and maybe even the road.
- Skate Ski! We finally have some amazing snow on the ground and the trails are calling my name. This form of cross training is an amazing workout and takes me out into the beautiful New Hampshire wilderness that I love.
Spartan Race Entry Giveaway
Now that I’ve set my goals for February I’m ready to get to work. If you are struggling to set your goals I’m going to give you a new goal to dream about. How about you add obstacle racing to your list this year? I love hearing all about the amazing obstacle races out there but have yet been able to try one due to injury. That’s why I want to give you the chance to win an entry to any open heat (non-confirmed start time) in any Spartan Race in the continental US. If you win I would love to follow your journey as you train and race and perhaps you could even stop by for a guest blog to tell us about your experience!
If you decided to take the plunge and become a Spartan Racer, I suggest you check out these awesome blogs for more inspiration and motivation to send you on your way:
Now here’s your chance to win an entry and be sure to share this Spartan Race Giveaway with your friends!
What are your goals this February? Are you planning any new goals that are way outside of your comfort zone?
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com