Dream a little dream . . .
This year its all about dreaming big. I am always so surprised when I hear people say, “I could never run a marathon or I could never be a runner.” Words like these are filled with self-doubt and fear. If I had believed these things to be true about myself I would have never even gotten started with running. The journey to reaching my big goals in life has offered me some of the greatest rewards and I have learned so much along the way. I admit that have uttered words like this about many things. I am a perfectionist to the core so self-doubt is definitely in my vocabulary. When we live a life fearing what might happen we are often left wondering what could have been or feeling filled with regret. When you have a dream of starting something new or going for that big goal you need to dream big and tell yourself that you can reach your goal. Deciding to go for a big goal can feel like you are at the edge of a cliff when you first get started but the journey to achieving your goal will be filled with unthinkable rewards and learning about yourself that is invaluable.
2015 is a year to dream big and to go for those goals that have been waiting for you!
Reach for your dreams:
- Choose your goal.
- Write it down. Share it on your blog. Write it in a journal. You can keep your goal personal or shout it out loud to the world.
- Create a plan for yourself. How will you reach your goal? Will you need a coach, a training partner, a training plan or more to help you along the way?
- Set small goals for yourself as checkpoints. Checking in along the way to achieving your big goal will help you to manage any possible stress and challenges that you might be encountering.
- Believe in yourself. Write down all of the reasons why you think you can’t and then all of the reasons why you think you can.
- Go for it! The time is now!
- Celebrate your achievements!
Have you ever been afraid to try something new? How did you get started? How did you stay accountable? How do you celebrate achieving your dreams?
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom
- Twitter–> @organicrunmom
- Instagram–> @organicrunnermom
- Facebook–> Organic Runner Mom
- Pinterest–> Organic Runner Mom
- Bloglovin’–> Organic Runner Mom
- Email–> email@example.com