Chaco Women’s Outcross Free. And it’s amphibious!
*Disclaimer: I was given these shoes by Chaco Footwear in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed here are my own.
I have been a Chaco sandal wearer since I came to live in New Hampshire about 16 years ago so when I discovered earlier this summer that they have other great shoe options I was ecstatic. You, know because I am shoe obsessed especially when it comes to cool outdoor gear. I have and always been a gear junkie like my dad who even owned a Ski Shop when I was a little girl! Earlier this summer I got to try out the Chaco Z/Cloud X2 which became my got to sandal for the summer. But sometimes you want a shoe/sandal hybrid that gives your foot a bit more coverage that is always perfect for light hiking, exploring trails, adventuring through small streams, great for wearing while canoeing or rafting or whatever adventure suits you.
Enter the Chaco Women’s Outcross Free. This shoe is part of the Chaco outcross series and is said to have “amphibious trail-ready design.” They had me at the word amphibious. I love all things water so if these shoes can get me ready for an adventure that involves playing in the water then count me in! This shoe has been in my regular rotation all summer long and will be through the fall until I am forced by the frigid New Hampshire weather to put warmer shoes.
Now what is it that makes the Chaco Outcross Free so Awesome?
What’s not to love? This shoe has so many design features that make it the perfect fit:
- This wouldn’t be a Chaco without the signature LUVSEAT™ footbed which cause me to fall in love with my Chaco sandals in the first place. The support is hard to outmatch.
- “Combined mesh, polyester jacquard webbing, and synthetic leather upper with open sidewall construction for ventilation” allows your foot to breathe while giving it some stability for hiking and walking adventures. This is also great for wading through the water (portaging anyone?)
- The toe cap and heel are made from synthetic leather to protect your foot.
- Who doesn’t love a good speed lace? These are great for my narrow foot as I can ensure that they stay laced up and on my foot.
- There is odor protection. No one wants stinky shoes laying around in their house.
- The insole is nice and comfy with and instant-comfort EVA layer
- The sole is sturdy, 3mm in thickness
- And 25% recycled materials were used to make the non-marking EcoTread™
- The Chaco Outcross Free is light and easily packable for overnight camping and vacations or to throw in your day-pack.
The Chaco Outcross Free will be one that you will want to add to your birthday or Christmas wish list if you are the outdoor adventurer type. Our family heads outdoors every chance we get so comfy, durable footwear that fits our active lifestyle is a must! Now I think that I might just need to take a look at the Kids Outcross Chaco’s . . .
What do you think of the Chaco Women’s Outcross? What adventures would this shoe take you on?