First of all thank you to all of you who come by to read my blog and to see what adventures I am up to. Now its time to share Five awesome blogs that I love to read that I know you will enjoy as much as I do. I am linking up with Courtney of Eat Pray Run, DC, Cynthia of You Signed Up for What?!? and Mar from Mar on the Run, for this Friday Five with the theme of “Five Blogs to Read.”
1. The Misadventures of a Darwinian Fail. I have been following Krysten’s blog since I started blogging a few years ago. Krysten has been through many surgeries both for her heart (she has prolonged QT syndrome) and because she discovered that she has the BRCA1 gene. She has bravely shared her journey through her surgeries and how it has affected her everyday life as well as her life as an athlete. Krysten’s posts are real and honest and totally inspiring. Her blog is a definite must read.
2. Pace of Me. Jess of Pace of Me was not a fast runner when she began her running journey. Through a transformation in change the way she trains and races after having 3 kids she became a super speedy 3:11 marathoner. Jess shares here racing and training stories and is currently share her next journey with the Saucony 26 Strong Marathon Journey.
3. rUNladylike. Jesica is an upbeat blogger who shares a mix of race reports, gear reviews and great Friday FITspiration profiling athletes making choices to be healthy. I love reading about Jesica’s highs and lows with running. Read about her next journey as she makes a big move!
4. The Fit Fork. I love the recipes on The Fit Fork. Her recipes feature healthy fresh ingredients. Not only is Jennifer a runner but she is also a cooking coach (I’d love to have a coach in the kitchen!). Definitely stop by The Fit Fork for more recipes and inspiration.
5. This Mama Runs For Cupcakes. I have recently started reading and loving this blog written by Sue who recently traveled to Paris to run the marathon (now on my bucket list! Perhaps before I turn 40!). Sue is a mom, a nurse and loves to bake and of course loves to run. Her race recaps are filled with details that will make you want to sign up for that race.
I have discovered so many fantastic blogs recently that have been a great source of inspiration for me in so many different ways: on the raods, on the trails, in the mountains, in the kitchens and as a mom. I hope you will check out my picks and stop by to check out the other blogs in this weeks link-up from the DC Trifecta.
This weekend I’ll be kicking my training back up a notch after an awesome vacation week in Florida with my family. I hope you get some great training miles in and good luck if you are racing this weekend!
What are some of your favorite blogs to read? Which bloggers inspire you the most? Please let me know so I can check them out!
****To find out more about the Injury Prevention for Runner Program Click here to visit Strength Running****
More ways to connect with Organic Runner Mom